Harry Kane

why should they ? define Realistic.
Age old adage what the ‘buyer is prepared to pay’ for a player desperate to leave. I would say given his age, only wants City, and other characteristics of past injury etc. £100 million is a fair sum and going off what Lukaku is being acquired for.

True but if a valued player wants to leave you don’t take the piss with your valuation. City are not here to fiananxe Spurs transfer kitty. If they put a realistic valuation around £100million then a deal would get struck in all probability.

But to them, with 3 years on his contract to run and them hoping they can sort it out that he stays, why would they sell for £100m when he's worth more to them than that. They aren't going to just bend over, lube up and present to us.

Lukaku is going for near £100m and Kane is a better player.

Age old adage what the ‘buyer is prepared to pay’ for a player desperate to leave. I would say given his age, only wants City, and other characteristics of past injury etc. £100 million is a fair sum and going off what Lukaku is being acquired for.

That's like going into an Aston Martin dealer and saying I know you want to sell that car, so I'm going to offer below what you actually want to sell it for because you need to get rid of it. It doesn't work like that.

To add to this, Spurs clearly don't want to sell either so that quote doesn't really apply anyway.

Last edited:
That’s a good point
In a funny way the Lukaku deal could actually help
Lukaku is also less injury prone
Levy’s valuation of £160 million is way north of the mark.

Although Harry Kane wants to move, I don't think he's "desperate" to leave Spurs.
He wasn't forced to sign a long contract, he was happy to do so. Spurs want him to stay for the full term and I see no reason to think that he wouldn’t stay if a move to City falls through.

Kane isn't stupid. Levy isn't stupid. City aren't stupid. Common sense suggests that Spurs will stick by their guns and only sell if the asking price is met.

Whatever anyone else thinks is a "fair sum" for Harry Kane, the simple fact is that the only people who can decide what figure equates to a "fair sum" are all sitting in the Spurs Boardroom.

Kane will only sign for City when City pay the full asking price. We're not in the driving seat in this deal.

That’s a good point
In a funny way the Lukaku deal could actually help
Lukaku is also less injury prone
Levy’s valuation of £160 million is way north of the mark.
Won’t argue with the valuation. Shouldn’t be many comparisons with Kane and lukaku though because if you did youd see why we’d end up paying more for Kane. By far the better player

That's like going into an Aston Martin dealer and saying I know you want to sell that car, so I'm going to offer below what you actually want to sell it for because you need to get rid of it. It doesn't work like that.

To add to this, Spurs clearly don't want to sell either so that quote doesn't really apply anyway.
Never bought an Aston per se, but that's how I've always bought new cars. You pay list price?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.