Harry Kane

Never bought an Aston per se, but that's how I've always bought new cars. You pay list price?
Not really the point I was making, of course negotiate but you don't go in low balling. According to Romano we offered £100m. Which is nowhere near what Spurs expect. Apparently

Never bought an Aston per se, but that's how I've always bought new cars. You pay list price?
Nice try, but you're overlooking one thing... the car dealer HAS to sell the car, so will be inclined to offer certain incentives (ie; mud flaps, rubber mats etc) to get the buyer to commit to a purchase.
Spurs don't HAVE to sell Harry Kane, so why move from their expected price?
It's like my house... According to a valuation report, it's worth (say) £400,000, but I won't accept a penny less than £500,000. I don’t need to sell it, I'll just wait until a buyer offers what I want.

Nice try, but you're overlooking one thing... the car dealer HAS to sell the car, so will be inclined to offer certain incentives (ie; mud flaps, rubber mats etc) to get the buyer to commit to a purchase.
Spurs don't HAVE to sell Harry Kane, so why move from their expected price?
It's like my house... According to a valuation report, it's worth (say) £400,000, but I won't accept a penny less than £500,000. I don’t need to sell it, I'll just wait until a buyer offers what I want.
SPURS may have to sell if their finances are as bad as reported - bluffing

None of the PL clubs have really suffered badly compared to the rest of the Europe. Look at how the rest of the PL has spent so far this summer. Plus there's rumours about Spurs funds coming from a naming rights deal for their stadium.

How many times do I have to explain....?

Businesses manage debt over a period of time. There's no way that Spurs are under any more than expected 'pressure'. The only negative factor is covid - something that every business has been affected by, and that all banks have agreed to take into consideration for loans etc

They aren't under any more pressure to pay back loans. That's a fallacy peddled by the hard of thinking.

How many times do I have to explain....?

Businesses manage debt over a period of time. There's no way that Spurs are under any more than expected 'pressure'. The only negative factor is covid - something that every business has been affected by, and that all banks have agreed to take into consideration for loans etc

They aren't under any more pressure to pay back loans. That's a fallacy peddled by the hard of thinking.
You could be describing the red mardarses there.

At the start of the summer we were debating whether he was worth 100m. 120m, you were mad to even suggest that, that it would be asked let alone that we would pay it. We were going to land our man, it was going to be for nowhere near 120m, that was just a high figure kane haters used to claim high price.

Now we are debating whether he can be got for 150 or 160m. And generally think if we get him for that including addons we'd have done well.

And really, Levy has done nothing but sit and wait. Yeah, some myth that he is a good negotiator.

But to them, with 3 years on his contract to run and them hoping they can sort it out that he stays, why would they sell for £100m when he's worth more to them than that. They aren't going to just bend over, lube up and present to us.

Lukaku is going for near £100m and Kane is a better player.
Yes but they've also got to take into account an offer of £100 million plus just won't happen again. He may have 3 years left on his contract but his value will reduce significantly over time. This is their one and only chance of some serious money for him and the player himself wants to move too. Only one outcome in my own personal opinion.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.