Harry Kane

As one sensible poster on Spurs Community said, he's gutted to be losing Kane, but if they get £150m for him plus another £50m from other sales & buy 3 x £70m starters with the money, Spurs will be stronger & better for it.

Yes one Kane will make us stronger, but 3 quality additions for Spurs will make them infinitely stronger going forward, & probably allow them to seriously challenge for a top 4 spot within the next two seasons.

If Kane stayed, & Spurs make minimum additions to their squad, I can't see them sustaining a challenge long enough to displace Us, ManUre, Chavs or the Dippers. With 3 quality additions for Spurs, that top four spot isn't assured for anyone imo.
yeah, but they have to replace the best striker they've ever had, which they can't. It's like Barca losing Messi.

They're not as bad as people think debt wise. It's all long term barely any interest. They'll have the stadium paid off quickly once they get other events starting to roll too. AJ/Rugby/NFL already set.

And it all points to them reinvesting every penny of this Kane money too. He's not as tight as people think, prudent is more accurate and he has a rep as a tough negotiator but he's stepped back from all football aside from the Kane deal. They've always reinvested money from any sale
How can you call a £1.2B debt not bad? They have to pay the inland revenue £94M by the end of September

Now, my thinking is that - if we are to do this transfer - it'll be sometime between now and kickoff on Sunday.

A few reasons for this:

1 - Spurs need to have the time to spend whatever money they get from us.

2 - It eliminates the chance of us pumelling them and them getting funny in negotiations OR - conversely - us losing and it being seen as a favour.

3 - An announcement / rumour of an accepted bid shortly before kickoff gets their crowd well up for it now that Levy seems to have made the Kane camp the enemy.

My money - not that I'm putting money on - is on a rabble rousing reluctantly accepted bid about 1 hour before kickoff.

They're not as bad as people think debt wise. It's all long term barely any interest. They'll have the stadium paid off quickly once they get other events starting to roll too. AJ/Rugby/NFL already set.

And it all points to them reinvesting every penny of this Kane money too. He's not as tight as people think, prudent is more accurate and he has a rep as a tough negotiator but he's stepped back from all football aside from the Kane deal. They've always reinvested money from any sale
And very wisely invested it too ;-)

Again ornstein today saying city only willing to offer 100 million plus add ons but that won’t be close to 150/160 million, levy stance hasn’t changed and has made it abundantly clear to city he won’t sell…….what I’ve been saying all summer.

yeah, but they have to replace the best striker they've ever had, which they can't. It's like Barca losing Messi.

Also the last time they spent 70m on someone they bought Ndombele, who 3 successive managers have fallen out with and dropped and they can't sell him because he cost so much and is on commensurate wages.

They're miles away from paying off the stadium. Decades and decades.

Spurs aren't Barcelona but the pandemic came at the wrong time for them and they desperately need to make economies to get back on the right track. That £150m could save them £10m a year in interest payments which is much more useful than a Harry Kane.

Again ornstein today saying city only willing to offer 100 million plus add ons but that won’t be close to 150/160 million, levy stance hasn’t changed and has made it abundantly clear to city he won’t sell…….what I’ve been saying all summer.
Ornstein knows nothing about City. The reliable reporters and ITKs on both sides are in agreement to where the deal is at and it'd close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.