Harry Kane

Kane dispossessed almost 4 times as much is an interesting one. Likewise Kane averaging 40% more shots on target a game but getting less goals despite much more minutes played.

Haaland picked up 2 assists in last nights game alone, so he's already matched a third of his return of last season after the first fixture. This is a player who's improving all the time and the number's indicate he's already a better goalscorer than Kane.
People dont like it as well when its pointed out that Kane's record against the better teams aint great either....He has his best records against Arsenal and Leicester (scored more against those two than most other teams), but against us, utd, Scousers, Chelski his record is poor.

The counter to that argument is that (when compared to someone like Kun - who has scored twice as many against the big 6) is that he is playing for a shit team (Spurs aint shit but thats other peoples words)....

So look at Jamie Vardys record against the top 6 for another comparrison...

Here is a short article on it.....

and another one.

This shows that Vardys record while playing for a "lesser team" as some might compare them.....is as good if not better than Kanes as well. (Im not saying we should be trying to buyJamie Vardy...absolutely not - injuries and age for a starter are against him)

We need a big game centre forward and while Kanes overall record is superb it cannot be denied that he can go missing against the better teams...Maybe that could change if he played for us but its a genuine concern that even spurs fans have raised (even before this transfer window and the fallout from it).

if as we are being told Kane is not a happy bunny in Levyland, what a shitter for Nuno as he will have an influential player sitting in the dressing room with a face like a slapped arse every game, not wanting to be there, and would be a shit situation for him at team selection every game, so you'd think he would be saying to Levy, just let him go and rub your hands with the money and move onto someone else
Think kane knows its now or never for him City will probably move on next season and expect kane to extend after the window closes. Scoring a couple of big goals, extend the contract and kiss the badge all will be forgiven in a few months.

Lol. What?

I'm not spouting off or claiming to have any inside knowledge, I'm just sharing my views on who would be the better signing.

You suggest I'm doing that and in the same breath say I should be cognisant of some rumours via other posters - which even then don't discredit my take?

What are you on about?

My take is just that we should prioritise Haaland, even if it means waiting a year. The only thing that would undermine that take is if he's already been wrapped up by another club, and there's nothing to suggest he has.
Can you share with us how you know we have barely considered Haaland as this seems to be your point

People dont like it as well when its pointed out that Kane's record against the better teams aint great either....He has his best records against Arsenal and Leicester (scored more against those two than most other teams), but against us, utd, Scousers, Chelski his record is poor.

The counter to that argument is that (when compared to someone like Kun - who has scored twice as many against the big 6) is that he is playing for a shit team (Spurs aint shit but thats other peoples words)....

and another one.

This shows that Vardys record while playing for a "lesser team" as some might compare them.....is as good if not better than Kanes as well. (Im not saying we should be trying to buyJamie Vardy...absolutely not - injuries and age for a starter are against him)

We need a big game centre forward and while Kanes overall record is superb it cannot be denied that he can go missing against the better teams...Maybe that could change if he played for us but its a genuine concern that even spurs fans have raised (even before this transfer window and the fallout from it).
I know what you mean. Loved it when Haaland tore us a new one in the CL.

and another one.

That's the biggest reason I'm not sold on Kane, I've never seen him make the difference in a big game or on the big stage, for England or Spurs. He averages consistent numbers, but he has never proven himself in the big moments. And that's precisely what we need.

We score enough against the dross in the league as it is, we need someone to make a difference in the big moments like Aguero did. Kane would definitely improve us, but I'm just not sold that he's that player.

Why are we starting to flap? We knew spurs media would do this before he signs. Twosips, Ahsan and TH have different friends working at City. They all say the same thing: next week is the week Kane signs. Blue Oli say maybe it’ll drag untill after Norwich. I’m a natural flapper and I’m super confident it’s done.

It’s not a case of people on here knowing where Haaland is going - the important point is that all the interested clubs have turned away - there must be a reason & it’s possibly his agent’s reputation coupled with Dortmund need to keep him.
Very likely Dortmund just wont sell this summer.....

I think plenty of people will deal with Raiola when it comes to it....

Clubs know that they can save 50-70m by waiting a year and triggering his release clause next summer.....

yes they will have to pay Raiola and Alfie as well as the kid himself massive fees etc but lots of other clubswill do it..

You dont win anything in football with morals

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.