Harry Kane

Maybe somebody should. Ask yourself why we've just started a new season without a striker when we've all known for well over a year that Agüero wouldn't be here.
And this is not the first time that we've been left without adequate replacements for players who have left.
If you evaluate a job performance with the baseline set at perfection, then everything will look like failure. A more realistic outlook would require a re-calibration of that baseline. Maybe the job is so difficult that being a 7/10 puts you top of the table. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

High profile transfers do take time but I can't believe we've not addressed the midfield, and left back situations. In addition to this, Ake at CB isn't the answer either as a back up and it's obvious Laporte will also be playing second fiddle which he doesn't want. There's 3 areas without the striker situation. The Euros won't have helped preparations but we can all see the issues, why can't they?
Left back is not as big a problem because Cancelo plays well there. And Zinchenko.

Defensive midfield worries me. Fernandinho is old. Rodri is not very agile and hitherto has struggled to convince. Was Rodri really not ready to start at Spurs?

We were a long way short at Spurs. Disappointed with Pep. We had great players in Jesus and Sterling and did not use them properly.

Um, Lukaku wasn't signed in time to play for their game last weekend so that undermines your point?
Not what I was referring to, but that they moved on after seeing a deal for Haaland wouldn’t be reached to signing him quickly, whereas supposedly we have known our target for a long time and still can’t close the deal

I don't know, i'm not Txiki or Pep, and neither is InnsbruckBlue who is flapping more than a flappy flapper - after one game.

I trust the board and I trust Pep. They've done fairly well so far i'd say.
Anyone who makes an argument that you don't agree with is a flapper. Even pep said last season we needed a striker but we couldn't afford one. I will hold my reservations till the end of transfer window but if we don't get any striker by the end of it , I think, we mismanaged the situation. We have again let pep go into the season without a striker which should have been our first priority after we let Kun go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.