Harry Kane

His value is only going down from here. We've seen so many world class players move at 27+ for 100m+ and virtually none have worked out. We're taking on all the risk with no possibility for resale value on a player that probably doesn't have all that many years at the top.
City are looking at being one of the best teams in Europe. Sell on value is not a priority concern. You’ve just paid £100m for albiet a very good player one that was in the Championship 2 years ago and doesn’t start for England, and you don’t think one of the top 3 strikers in the world who easily has 4 years left in him is worth £125m?

City are looking at being one of the best teams in Europe. Sell on value is not a priority concern. You’ve just paid £100m for albiet a very good player one that was in the Championship 2 years ago and doesn’t start for England, and you don’t think one of the top 3 strikers in the world who easily has 4 years left in him is worth £125m?

I don't think a player that has 4 years left is worth 125m. If a 28 year old Kane is worth 125m, how much would a 22 year old Kane be worth knowing what we know about his abilities?

His value is only going down from here. We've seen so many world class players move at 27+ for 100m+ and virtually none have worked out. We're taking on all the risk with no possibility for resale value on a player that probably doesn't have all that many years at the top.
City should be beyond resale value. That's the mentality of a selling club. How we need to be looking at Kane is:

1. Can he solve our Striker issue?

2. Will he improve our squad?

3. Can we afford his amortised fee & wages spread over 5 years?

If we can answer yes to all three of these questions, & in 2026 we've won the PL 3-4 times, the CL 1-2 times & 3-4 times domestic cups because he became the difference we needed, who cares what a 33 year old Kane who's helped deliver that lot is worth in the transfer market?

He'll have helped us achieve our goals, & if he's no longer of much use, allow him to leave with our best wishes & join NYFC for a season or two before he retires. We need a world class replacement for Aguero now, not a potentially world class striker who we can sell for top dollar to our main rivals, just as he's entering his prime.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...l-levy-stick-deal-let-leave-spurs-manchester/

It looks like Harry's now briefing the press through "Sources close to Kane", but he's stopping short of handing in a transfer request, because he doesn't want to damage his legacy with the Spurs fans.

The time is fast approaching where Harry needs to shit or get off the pot. If Levy isn't even taking City's calls with a reported £125m deal on the table, either Harry forces the issue, or he stays at Spurs & tries to repair the damage done.

It all depends on how badly Kane wants to commence the new chapter in his career. Over to you H..... :-|

City should be beyond resale value. That's the mentality of a selling club. How we need to be looking at Kane is:

1. Can he solve our Striker issue?

2. Will he improve our squad?

3. Can we afford his amortised fee & wages spread over 5 years?

If we can answer yes to all three of these questions, & in 2026 we've won the PL 3-4 times, the CL 1-2 times & 3-4 times domestic cups because he became the difference we needed, who cares what a 33 year old Kane who's helped deliver that lot is worth in the transfer market?

He'll have helped us achieve our goals, & if he's no longer of much use, allow him to leave with our best wishes & join NYFC for a season or two before he retires. We need a world class replacement for Aguero now, not a potentially world class striker who we can sell for top dollar to our main rivals, just as he's entering his prime.

I am not against signing a player to not get a resale value at the end. The resale value is, however, an important economic condition because it gives a club the chance to sell an asset for substantial funds and potentially replace that asset efficiently.

Moreover, the lack of resale value means City take on all the risk here, there is no room for error or that 125m+ is a total bust. It's the difference between the Griezmann/Hazard and Felix deals; Atletico have an out because other clubs would take the chance on Felix but no club would take the chance on Griezmann or Hazard for example.

The other key issue is the number of years of service you would get. Kane is 28, it isn't inconceivable that he could slow down on the wrong side of 30 or even earlier.

I posited this question before, how much would a 22 year old Kane be worth? Of course it would be a hypothetical situation, but if a 28 year old Kane is 125m, a 22 year old Kane would be 250/275m+?

I am not against signing a player to not get a resale value at the end. The resale value is, however, an important economic condition because it gives a club the chance to sell an asset for substantial funds and potentially replace that asset efficiently.

Moreover, the lack of resale value means City take on all the risk here, there is no room for error or that 125m+ is a total bust. It's the difference between the Griezmann/Hazard and Felix deals; Atletico have an out because other clubs would take the chance on Felix but no club would take the chance on Griezmann or Hazard for example.

The other key issue is the number of years of service you would get. Kane is 28, it isn't inconceivable that he could slow down on the wrong side of 30 or even earlier.

I posited this question before, how much would a 22 year old Kane be worth? Of course it would be a hypothetical situation, but if a 28 year old Kane is 125m, a 22 year old Kane would be 250/275m+?
28 is still in the prime of a player’s career these days.

28 is still in the prime of a player’s career these days.

It depends on the player. Kane has already scored 165 PL goals for Spurs, those are goals that we'll never get. There's only a limited amount of goals he could score for us at this age and that's hoping he doesn't have a sudden drop off like Sanchez, Hazard, Griezmann who all moved clubs at a similar age.

I just don't believe his fair value is 125m+ given all the risk, age, longevity issues involved. If I were to believe that Kane is worth 125m now, I would also have to believe that a 22 year old Kane is perhaps worth 275m which I certainly do not.

So is kane coming or not? I cant wait no longer ffs
1. Log onto Steam
2. Uninstall FM2017
3. Buy FM2021
4. Install FM2021
5. Install and Load FM2021 Pre-game Editor
6. Add 200m transfer kitty to City
7. Save
8. Load up FM2021 and start new game as City
9. Actually, go back to FM2021 Pre-game Editor
10. Delete Daniel fucking Levy
11. Save
12. Load up FM2021 and start new game as City
13. Offer new Spurs Director of Football 75m+25m for Harry Edward Kane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.