Harry Kane

So it’s been..
“City value Kane at £100m”
“£120m is our maximum”
“City will go to £130m”
“£130m plus addons to take it to £150m”
And finally “£150m to start negotiating”
The whole thing is ridiculous.
We pay that and we’re stupid, not only do I not think he’s worth that, I don’t personally want him even at £100m, but the impact that would have on future negotiations would be huge.
Up till now we’ve always walked away from players we deem not to be fair value, we pay the extortionate asking price and some future deals become much more harder cos the clubs with hang tight expecting us to pay up.
I’d rather go into the season with Jesus, Torres and Delap.
We might not win fuck all, but for me that’s the better option long term, more stable for the club’s future.
There’s no guarantees we sign Kane and win everything anyway.
Sure a new striker improves our chances, but at what cost?
Excellent post.

Maybe strange to say but I hope we don't get held to ransom by Levy - have the courage to stand firm as we did in the Koulibaly chase and go for someone like Vlahovic . If Levy sees sense and will deal at 120m it would be good but 150m plus add ons is so much, too much, it may well affect our plans for 2022 and beyond.

If we pay 150 for him we are fucked in any future transfer negotiations that’s for sure.

Walk away City and find a stop gap for a season.

Hows it going Fredo? Here you are "behind enemy lines". Yes, I think we'll pay; 135 million plus add-ons = 150.
Ahahah! Not bad mate, just wanted to get in on the conversation over here as its nice to hear the other side.

Personally, Kane cannot return to our playing squad. Its gone too far now with the total and utter disaster way himself and Charlie have handled this and a lot of us want him gone. You guys have a great chance of winning the PL without him, but with Chelsea and United bolstering their squads, the pressure is on, especially because you're lacking in the ST position and require a top class player in that area to achieve your ambitions. Kane does seem to be the key missing piece of the puzzle for you guys, you'd have an amazing chance at the CL. You either pay up and get Kane, or the window seems to be like a failure from your side.
However though, we absolutely cannot sell him unless we have replacements in line. That's very key for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.