Harry Kane

We did the Grealish deal first because, whether we like it or not, the people who run City don't see signings as check-lists you do in order of priority. Grealish was signed to improve us for the next 4 - 6 years, and in that time ideally help us win 3 - 4 leagues, a handful of cups and, hopefully, one CL. We will also sign a striker, but Kane is our number one target and will take longer to organize. If both are available we will sort other things out.
IF it's true we don't have the cash, it defeats what you have just said, because I think a vast majority of us would think a striker is our no1 priority.

And now we can't find the money for Kane without selling, that's what I was answering to
There’s just no proof this is true. You’re making up a scenario in your head and then getting mad about it. You didn’t even do the basic research it would take to see why Grealish was signed first. The release clause expired on the 7th of August.

Could see us go for Phillips / Rice if pep still believes in that. Leeds might be buggers to negotiate with
Can't see it to be honest given that the principal deficiency in the squad right now is the centre forward position. If we fail to meet that need, all the holding midfielders in the world won't resolve that issue.

There’s just no proof this is true. You’re making up a scenario in your head and then getting mad about it. You didn’t even do the basic research it would take to see why Grealish was signed first. The release clause expired on the 7th of August.
I am making nothing up, we are discussing senarios that previous posters mentioned.

Although I think the statement is incorrect(we need to sell to buy), this point has been given a too billing by certain areas of the press and therefore you can’t really blame people for wondering if it’s true when it’s rammed down your throat every day.

There is a difference between ‘have to sell’ and would ‘like to balance the books better’. Which I think is what city would prefer to do but a purchase is not dependent on.

Can't see it to be honest given that the principal deficiency in the squad right now is the centre forward position. If we fail to meet that need, all the holding midfielders in the world won't resolve that issue.
I don't entirely buy that...if we don't sign a striker and use the false 9 system then of course we can't just rely on Fernandinho/Rodri or Gundogan (who aren't the quickest) for the system to work from front to back. Did you watch the Spurs game?

Yes Martí Perarnau wrote about it during his Bayern time I believe. Problem in England is supporters don’t like buying players from rivals (this thread is testament to that), and English clubs fleece each other financially.
I’ve felt uneasy about our homegrown quotient for a long time, purely from the point of view of it being a potential weakness our rivals might try to exploit at some point. It would explain Ake as well as Grealish and Kane.
And I’d add that supporters of English clubs seem to particularly dislike selling players to City - born of the delusional belief that they’ve had instilled in them from all quarters during the last 12 years, that they’re somehow “bigger” or “better” than us. If it’s Liverpool or United in the market, the narrative is entirely different. Villa trying to hawk Grealish off to the rags looked like the ultimate proof of that

I don't entirely buy that...if we don't sign a striker and use the false 9 system then of course we can't just rely on Fernandinho/Rodri or Gundogan (who aren't the quickest) for the system to work from front to back. Did you watch the Spurs game?
Regaining the tile will be a tough task this season with Kane, the others have strengthened and the return of fans will make a huge difference to last season.

Without Kane or a top class striker it would make the task considerably harder.

Yes Martí Perarnau wrote about it during his Bayern time I believe. Problem in England is supporters don’t like buying players from rivals (this thread is testament to that), and English clubs fleece each other financially.
I think that says more about the state of the youth system in England, there is a premium because any English player with actual quality is a rare these days. Foden really proves the point with as he is the only genuine first team player we have produced since Richards over 10 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.