Harry Kane

Daniel Levy this, Daniel Levy that. Joe Lewis is the majority owner of Tottenham, his private investment company Tavistock Group has been doing business with Mubadala and other AD government organizations / companies for years. The story that Daniel Levy won't answer phone calls from HE Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak is laughable.

I don't entirely buy that...if we don't sign a striker and use the false 9 system then of course we can't just rely on Fernandinho/Rodri or Gundogan (who aren't the quickest) for the system to work from front to back. Did you watch the Spurs game?
Yes, but I watched the Spurs game last year too, and this Spurs game was full of fringe players anyway. Stopping counters is as much about the press from the front and not losing possesion as it is the D.M , maybe more. A different and fitter front 5 and we beat Spurs last week.

IF it's true we don't have the cash, it defeats what you have just said, because I think a vast majority of us would think a striker is our no1 priority.
It's not true that we don't have the cash, though, at least not in the sense that it has been spoken about here. At some point we will have to balance the books, and players in are always going to involve players out, but balancing the books means thinking about wages, debt structures and stuff that none of us our privy to or experts in. We have 3-4 who want to leave, and their futures will be tied up with other players coming in. There's just a lot of spinning plates, of which Grealish is one that we will be grateful for in 3 years long after The Harry Kane Saga has ended.

I think that says more about the state of the youth system in England, there is a premium because any English player with actual quality is a rare these days. Foden really proves the point with as he is the only genuine first team player we have produced since Richards over 10 years ago.
The quality of the young English kids is incredible, to me England under a top manager could dominate international football in the next decade.

The difference in quality, technic and attitude compared to previous generations is night and day.

So yesterday's news that no alternatives being looked, do hope we end up getting him now. Another season without a ST and especially Chelsea getting lukaku - would be hard to retain the title
We won't retain the title if we don't land a forward, will be going to Rags, Diapers or Chelsea

Surely both sides have agreed on a deadline date for this to happen?

This isn't doing either club any favours. Unless Levy doesn't even want to spend the money?
Spurs will be happy if the window closes abd they still have Kane, let's not delude ourselves

I’ve felt uneasy about our homegrown quotient for a long time, purely from the point of view of it being a potential weakness our rivals might try to exploit at some point. It would explain Ake as well as Grealish and Kane.
And I’d add that supporters of English clubs seem to particularly dislike selling players to City - born of the delusional belief that they’ve had instilled in them from all quarters during the last 12 years, that they’re somehow “bigger” or “better” than us. If it’s Liverpool or United in the market, the narrative is entirely different. Villa trying to hawk Grealish off to the rags looked like the ultimate proof of that
There's also the ongoing changes post-Brexit about homegrown players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.