Harry Kane

Very true. Quite cleverly Spurs fans have been manipulated from a position where they were angry their best player was being sold to a position where they are celebrating the fact that Levy is playing hardball. I see no reason to challenge the narrative that Levy is some sort of football genius as long as we end up with the best striker in the league.

That's a good point, it does seem to have played their fan base perfectly. Most of whom seem happy to see Kane go now, as long as they get a huge fee for him (which they would have got all along). As you say, if they think Levy is some sort of genius after this, but we get Kane, that's fine with me!

Tottenham beaten last night by a club that I've literally never heard of, in a competition I still don't really understand what it is and what's it's for. Why on earth would any of our players want to go there?

I hadnt been following it, as like most people I have no interest in that competition, but it was only this morning that I read it was a qualifying round match that they lost! ''Are you watching Harry Kane?'' Probably not lads.

Our ITKs are like buses.. There'll be three or four coming along together in a few hours.
Let's be fair our ITK people pass on what they are allowed to ie our intentions. Negotiations by definition are uncertain so if both parties are still at the table even they don't know the outcome yet.

There is a definite shift in youth development in England and I think Pep has had a big impact on that over the last 5 years too. You are right about foreign clubs poaching English youngsters but imo that’s still more about bigger clubs not being willing to give them much game time.

Regardless of the coaching, for me Phil Foden is the only English player that’s broken through in the last 10 years who has the potential to go on to be a top 5 in the world player.

I’m aware the so called golden generation won fuck all for the country but overall the quality of that squad both in their prime and when they were first breaking through is so much higher than anything that’s around or up & coming at the moment.
I think Pep is our greatest manager ever, so please excuse the next comments. I felt the money going into the academy was to produce players for the first team. I believe I was wrong and that the academy is a cash cow for the club. I have no issue with that ,and it has made serious sums of money that is then used to then buy players who are proven. The fact that Phil is the only one to really have made the grade in 10 years is for me a shame. Sad Sancho wasnt able to stay at the club and have a chance.We now have the resources to buy for a weakness rather than nurture our youngsters to fill that weakness. As a loyal blue, there is something about one of your own coming through the ranks that means so much to me. If Phil continues his development, stays at the club, he will be a total legend for us.Would love to see more like Phil playing. My one and only criticism of Pep would be that youngsters like Lavia, Edozie, may well be tempted by Dortmund for lack of opportunity at City etc. We had enough games to give Delap and others a chance. Last season when the title was wrapped up, why not give them a full game, not 10 minutes ?
I just wish to say this is not a criticism of City,or Pep, more a personal wish.

I think that says more about the state of the youth system in England, there is a premium because any English player with actual quality is a rare these days. Foden really proves the point with as he is the only genuine first team player we have produced since Richards over 10 years ago.

The problem with the youth system is that PL teams are too rich. They're a bit lazy, so they buy instead. I don't blame them, cos most of us would take the easy route too given the choice, but this is the consequence. We have absolutely loads of high quality youngsters. Plenty of England's youth teams over the past few years have been winning tournaments as we have lots of exceptional quality. Just clubs who would rather buy instead.

The problem with the youth system is that PL teams are too rich. They're a bit lazy, so they buy instead. I don't blame them, cos most of us would take the easy route too given the choice, but this is the consequence. We have absolutely loads of high quality youngsters. Plenty of England's youth teams over the past few years have been winning tournaments as we have lots of exceptional quality. Just clubs who would rather buy instead.
Agreed but the tide is turning and in the next few years we will see plenty of kids and great kids coming through a majority of the PL teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.