Harry Kane

There was a lot of flapping over a centre half last year !!!! Koulabaly then the lad from Seville !!!!!!
Then Reuben who!!! Never heard of him
Look how that turned out

they will have alternatives up their sleeve
You can call tixy etc whatever they are no mugs
Trust in pep and our owners
They want success as much as we do
Coming in here with your balanced views and common sense. Who do you think you are ? ;-)

I'm not so sure, how many points have we missed out on through not having a decent left-back over the last few years?
We’ve won 3 out of the last 4 league titles have we not. The title we didn’t lose was because of a lack of centre half not left back. We’ve had a lot of mugs in charge over the years but I think you’re completely wrong about our current execs being anything but very very good

This is changing though, the quality of players coming through now is much much better and more of them. We are seeing the start of that now with the youth World Cup winning team starting to come through - we will see more over the next ten years as the youth systems have improved so much, all part of the FA plan and backed by clubs investing.

This has also raised the spectre of English youth players being poached by foreign teams, in numbers, for the first time in my life.

The standard of England’s youth system and players is better now than ever before so this statement of yours just doesn’t fly at all.
Absolutely correct

Tottenham beaten last night by a club that I've literally never heard of, in a competition I still don't really understand what it is and what's it's for. Why on earth would any of our players want to go there?
Their club badge looks like they copied the most hideous one they found on FM

I fully agree, I am however talking about the premier league together as most clubs aren’t producing enough first team players meaning the prices have a premium.
Or it means the PL has the highest standard in the World. Given that, the quantity is surprisingly good but, more importantly, the quality is excellent.

Definitely mate. We're an incredibly well run club and whilst we'd all like new signings on board and ready for pre season, it rarely works out like that.

You're spot on with the Dias example. It came out of nowhere but once the Koulibaly situation had been exhausted we moved quickly. I'm sure the same will happen if we reach that point with Kane.

The longer this goes on (and City don't brief that we're no longer pursuing it) I feel it will happen. Levy won't want to be seen to have let Kane go without a fight or a record fee that he can boast about to their fans. It seems as though ego and reputation complicates these deals just as much as the financials.
Very true. Quite cleverly Spurs fans have been manipulated from a position where they were angry their best player was being sold to a position where they are celebrating the fact that Levy is playing hardball. I see no reason to challenge the narrative that Levy is some sort of football genius as long as we end up with the best striker in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.