Harry Kane

Yeah but there would be zero point in even bringing it up now when Grealish took that number ages ago. I'm finding it hard to believe unless his people are absolute idiots to start kicking up a fuss trying to milk something more from us.
I think the words "more bollocks" springs to mind Bob.
Unfortunately some people actually believe this rubbish.
How sad.

Whilst there's some credit in saying people would buy the shirt anyway, suggesting marquee signings don't increase sales is complete nonsense. Did you not see PSG sell out of shirts in 20 minutes last week?

Clubs do make money from shirt sales, a lot of money. Clubs typically get around 15% from every shirt sold, shirt printing and badges which now costs about the same as the price of a shirt 20 years ago goes entirely to city and will net them more money than the actual shirt. They'll also be numerous clauses that net City a nice windfall. sales over a certain threshold will trigger bonuses in the form of either a big lump sum or a much bigger share of revenue. we've no idea what those are and how much they could be worth but they absolutely exist and a marquee signing generates a lot of money.
Depends on what you class as a lot of money in the football world. So let’s say PSG who currently sell c.1m shirts double to 2m on the back of getting Messi. That’s 1m x £80 for arguments sake (likely to be less as I guess a large chunk would be kids shirts at a lower RRP). That’s £80m revenue. 15% cut (this seems to be high end as it’s reputed to be between 7.5% and 15% although Liverpool secured 20%) then that gives £12m profit. Not a massive amount with costs coming out of that as well. For Messi it pays a few months of his salary I guess but when there’s a fee involved, say Mbappe, he would fetch say £150m. When you hear people say shirts sales would pay for a player it doesn’t ring true.

Juves sales jumped up by 500k apparently when they bought Ronaldo so that’s £6m say. Not a massive chunk off his fee.

I think the real money would be on the back of increased sponsorship deals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.