Harry Kane

guys.. i think we maxed out our bid at 125 mil thinking that 100 would originally be enough. We sent the 125 mil bid hoping Levy would at least negotiate and he has done the opposite.

so we are moving on to plan b perhaps unless the Levy finally breaks.
This joke has gone down like a Led Zeppelin ;)

You realise that the shirt sales thing is nonsense? People are buying the shorts anyway, it just happens to be be they put that number on it, theres so much data out there that shows players don't actually increase the volume of sales. And additionally clubs make no money out of shirt sales anyway, it goes to the manufacturer that's why they pay the sponsorship money
Whilst there's some credit in saying people would buy the shirt anyway, suggesting marquee signings don't increase sales is complete nonsense. Did you not see PSG sell out of shirts in 20 minutes last week?

Clubs do make money from shirt sales, a lot of money. Clubs typically get around 15% from every shirt sold, shirt printing and badges which now costs about the same as the price of a shirt 20 years ago goes entirely to city and will net them more money than the actual shirt. They'll also be numerous clauses that net City a nice windfall. sales over a certain threshold will trigger bonuses in the form of either a big lump sum or a much bigger share of revenue. we've no idea what those are and how much they could be worth but they absolutely exist and a marquee signing generates a lot of money.

Charlie: "Hi Harry, how are you?"
Harry: "Feeling shit bro,any news from prick Levy"
Charlie:"bro, i am on it, but have just noticed something"
Harry: "whats tha"
Charlie:"Grealish boy, Ive seen him playing vs Spurs last week and had number 10 shirt "
Harry: "nah, thats mine innit"
Charlie:"ya, bro but he was wearing it and name said Grealish not Kane"
Harry: "bro, did you not tell Cheeky guy that i want shirt 10 "
Charlie:"i told him we want a good shirt bro, i dont remember which number tho
Harry:"yu had one fooking job bro, am i staying now at tottenham?"
Charlie:"no, i make sure you can leave"
Harry:"when bro?"
Charlie on a crying voice: " when your contract expires bro"
Harry"arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Yeah but there would be zero point in even bringing it up now when Grealish took that number ages ago. I'm finding it hard to believe unless his people are absolute idiots to start kicking up a fuss trying to milk something more from us.
It'll be utter bollocks bob.

One of the major drives behind Kanes marketability would be that he's England's captain. The fact that he doesn't wear the same number for England as Spurs puts paid to the number issue.

Unless you are Ronaldo and have a brand like CR7 numbers do not matter.

Take Sterling for instance. Number 7 for us, has even done a Gillette advert where he makes the number 7 with his razor. Yet decides to take the marketing hit for England by taking the 10 shirt.

If you want a Kane shirt you get a Kane shirt regardless of what number he is. For other sponsorships the number wont be mentioned.

So what’s the hold up all about if this is going ahead? Sign or don’t sign! Take the money Spurs or don’t. What’s the issues…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.