Harry Kane

Its the way levy operates, i dont think we wanted to sell the player and dont need the money, yeah it would come in handy for rebuilding the squad but losing a top class player brings more problems. Our stadium debt is on long term financing. It was never part of the plan to sell kane, we could keep him for 3 more seasons, he could sign a new contract in that time or leave on a bosman at the end of it, we never paid a transfer fee so lost nothing.

Whether city come back next season who knows, it depends whether you have bought another striker, how they have done, the others that might be available and whether they want city or someone else

i cant say kane will stay with us beyond this window, IMO its 50/50, anything can happen in football, its a funny ol game as they say.
I’m not having a pop and this has got nothing to do with the Kane situation. Stays or comes here, I’m good with either scenario. This is for you and your mindset. £1 billion debt is an issue. Accept it. Ask Barcelona and Real Madrid. We’ve had Spurs fans on like yourself just writing it off as “long term” or others being more detailed talking about how fancy figures from naming rights for the stadium and income from American football can whittle the figure away in short order.
Remember, your club tried to take advantage of the furlough scheme, same as Liverpool who will spend the thick end of diddly squat this summer (one player brought in probably balanced by outgoings). Actions speak louder than words and even the most optimistic of time frames to rid you of your debt will take five year, (and that is highly optimistic in my opinion). You won’t be investing huge sums in your playing squad for the foreseeable future.
Accept you are going to have to go through some pain in the hope the club is stronger in the medium term with a great stadium earning money which isn’t already owed. If you get your head around it, it’s less painful.

My memory isn’t great but has there ever been such a high profile public pursuit of a player, that went on as long as this,that didn’t end up leaving in the end?

I suppose there must be but the fact that I can’t think of any of the top of my head gives me hope.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.