Harry Kane

This would just be a meh signing for me. I have no doubt he would score goals for us but I don't think he would score the number of goals certain people think he would. Many times I've seen him just plod around and not get involved and his record against top teams is pretty poor.

Sure playing with better players at City would help that but if we're gonna spend silly money then I'd rather we do it on someone like Haaland who also brings height, strength and pace to the table as well as the benefits his profile would give the club financially as well.

I would prefer us to sign Haaland but I don't see Dortmund letting him go this summer. Kane isn't a bad stop gap

I too would prefer Haaland. I'm sorry but I just cannot get motivated by Kane, which I suppose shows how fickle I have become, always wanting what may be unachievable for the club.

I suppose Kane's fee would be in and around what would be expected for Haaland, but without the two fat slices that Riola and Alf would want, plus I am sure Kane's wages would be a little more reasonable, it does appear that we may be going down his path of preference, if he can do something to make Levy realistic.

Have a feeling after the way it seems we have been saying stuff to the press, that Kane is our guy this year.

Now don't get me wrong I would love Haaland, but have a feeling that the Haaland camp asked for waaay too much when it came to what it will take to sign him. The fact that Kane's camp seem very happy to push for the move too, which he will have to do for the move to come off, is probably a BIG plus for us. On top of that he will be asking for less than I imagine Haaland will.

Moneywise, I think we can get him for about 80-100 maybe with some sort of player involved, maybe not though. I don't think Spurs hand is anywhere near as strong as some people would make you believe, they are about 1 billion in debt on the stadium, another 150 from the loan they had to take out, most likely no real European competition money coming in, personally I think they need to sell.

Now how would he do, honestly I think he would be perfect for us. His link up play is really really good, he would score bags and bags of goals, the guy has scored lots of goals in average teams at times, with the likes of Kev and Foden behind him you're getting a 20+ a season in the prem guaranteed easy for the next 3-5 years. Also he's smart in a sly way, he can win non existent pens, something we could do with. Also I know there are some concerns about the ankles, but honestly with spurs that is more of a consequence of him having to play every single game for them no matter what to have a chance to win, we could easily rotate him.

I know there is a lot of talk when it comes to Haaland that if you are going to spend that money then you should invest in someone with younger, but I think we need to think about Torres and more importantly Delap, we've seen just how much learning from the likes of silva and de bruyne every day has no doubt helped foden develop, now imagine delap getting to learn, train and potentially play will kane every single day for the next 3-5 years. An investment in Kane for the next 5 years could easily end up being a long term investment in other players.

Have a feeling after the way it seems we have been saying stuff to the press, that Kane is our guy this year.

Now don't get me wrong I would love Haaland, but have a feeling that the Haaland camp asked for waaay too much when it came to what it will take to sign him. The fact that Kane's camp seem very happy to push for the move too, which he will have to do for the move to come off, is probably a BIG plus for us. On top of that he will be asking for less than I imagine Haaland will.

Moneywise, I think we can get him for about 80-100 maybe with some sort of player involved, maybe not though. I don't think Spurs hand is anywhere near as strong as some people would make you believe, they are about 1 billion in debt on the stadium, another 150 from the loan they had to take out, most likely no real European competition money coming in, personally I think they need to sell.

Now how would he do, honestly I think he would be perfect for us. His link up play is really really good, he would score bags and bags of goals, the guy has scored lots of goals in average teams at times, with the likes of Kev and Foden behind him you're getting a 20+ a season in the prem guaranteed easy for the next 3-5 years. Also he's smart in a sly way, he can win non existent pens, something we could do with. Also I know there are some concerns about the ankles, but honestly with spurs that is more of a consequence of him having to play every single game for them no matter what to have a chance to win, we could easily rotate him.

I know there is a lot of talk when it comes to Haaland that if you are going to spend that money then you should invest in someone with younger, but I think we need to think about Torres and more importantly Delap, we've seen just how much learning from the likes of silva and de bruyne every day has no doubt helped foden develop, now imagine delap getting to learn, train and potentially play will kane every single day for the next 3-5 years. An investment in Kane for the next 5 years could easily end up being a long term investment in other players.

I agree with a lot of this, but there are a couple of points I would like to make,

1. I think we need to see what Spurs are going to want for Kane because if the price is 150M were better off going and paying that for Haaland, In addition, I think we have more leverage in that negotiation with the Sancho sell-on clause, and we could easily get it down to 100M-110M + plus some add ons and waving that sell on clause.
2. We don't know how many spurs players will ask to leave, I think they would sell Son before they even entertained selling Kane, and Son will certainly have interest, so selling a Son or Lucas could solve the financial problem for them (Yes this would probably upset Kane quite a bit)
3. Delap has shown little to nothing at this level and for the most part, is probably still considered a prospect, (Foden was leaps and bounds ahead of where Delap is now at that age)

You raise some very good points but you can’t seriously compare Delap and Torres to Haaland.

Haaland is levels above them and will be but for any unforeseen circumstances. He is one of the top three young players in the world along with the ninja turtle and our Phil.

Agree with the rest though.

This is how Begiristain and Soriano operated at Barca.

Sign top star at 27-29 years old for immediate success to great impact.

They signed Henry and then Villa. Both resulted in Champions League wins.

This is great strategy if the age profile of the squad is good, which in our case is.

They're not operating like that here though. At all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.