Harry Kane

I wouldn't be happy if we swapped players. Squad depth is vital.
I’m glad to agree with you for once, my friend. Every day you see posts saying we could let about five players ago and not bring any replacements to them. They don’t realize how we got through this season. Can’t have a smaller squad than our current one

Genuine question but why does anyone care what we pay for Kane or any other player for that matter? It doesn’t come out of your bank account whether we pay Spurs £50 million or £250 million that’s irrelevant to supporters like us, as long as city land the priority targets then so what if we spend a fortune to get them?

Cant believe that so many people can’t see why Kane makes more sense than halaand on so many levels, never see stories about his private life just like all our major players over the last decade a family man who gets his head down no nonsense dedicated professional, premier league proven has immense passing range and is absolutely deadly at putting the ball in the net with both feet and head, will get 3/4 years of prime Kane minimum, so what we won’t get a re sale on him but when have city ever operated like that? If you do the business we don’t care you can leave when you decide or retire here.

halaand however, after 2/3 years into a 5 year contract when he’s only 23/24 and not even at his peak yet would most likely be grumblings from that fat pig of an agent about a move etc so we’d have to sell anyway similar to the sane nonsense. People going on saying pay the extra cash for halaand we’d get 10 years from him, don’t be deluded he wouldn’t do more than 4 seasons here then off to his next venture.

The day his father and agent was doing a European tour whoring him around will in my eyes have been the day pep and city said no thankyou we don’t want part in this circus, potential superstar but as of right now he’s not on Kanes level as an all round striker and Kane is premier league proven, don’t doubt halaand would be also but he hasn’t proven it ‘yet’.

Those are two players that are very unlikely to be part of these fantasy swaps anyways.
Some fans need to get some perspective.

We've pissed the league, again.

Won a cup, again.

Got to the final of the Champions League.

Not being in our current strongest eleven does not make a player shit. Levy would fall over himself for the chance to sign Jesus. And if Sterling so much as fluttered his eyelashes at him, I think he'd faint.

Its the Van Persie saga all over again -yes great in the short term but after 3 years he's done with no resale value

big hit to take and then start looking again - Id like to think we are looking a bit more long term

I’m glad to agree with you for once, my friend. Every day you see posts saying we could let about five players ago and not bring any replacements to them. They don’t realize how we got through this season. Can’t have a smaller squad than our current one

Issue is backups don't want to be backups. You need to constantly recycle the crop to keep everyone happy.

Its the Van Persie saga all over again -yes great in the short term but after 3 years he's done with no resale value

big hit to take and then start looking again - Id like to think we are looking a bit more long term
Doesn't stop us either scouting Kane's replacement for the next couple of seasons or having another go in signing Haaland next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.