Harry Kane

After the performance given by Gabriel Jesus yeterday, who needs Harry Kane? Jesus is an unselfish grafter, a proper team player who has played for Brazil several times. He is also surrounded by experienced players, and nearly all of them are capable of scoring. Forget Harry Kane, he is too expensive anyway. Keep Jesus as the regular centre-forward instead of paying stupid money for a player who is rapidly approaching the end of his career.
You obviously didn't watch the game.

This place overreacts badly when we lose — we are suddenly ‘desperate’, the season's going to be a disaster — but equally it overreacts when we win. Suddenly everything's fine and dandy, what's the problem?
Yesterday was nice. Gabriel Jesus is a fine player, who sometimes gets disrespected on this forum. He can do many things. He is not a fox in the box. He is not a natural ‘sniffer’.
We still need a striker. That striker is Harry Kane, if it's anybody. We'll manage without him, if we have to. We'll be better off with him. By some margin.
Is he worth 150 million? Of course not. That figure is absurd. Can City pay 150 million, though? I don't have the slightest idea. I'm not privy to City's balance sheet and general accounts. If Levy thinks City can pay that, he'll hold out for it.

Right, I've done it. Finally read all the pages, all of them and I now know that kane is definitely, probably, maybe, not going to sign for us before or after the arsenal game but definitely before next Friday or not at all for between 85 and 160 million plus or minus 20 million in add ons. He is a better striker than Dusan, who's not even a one season wonder yet and will guarantee us 40-50 goals a season which I believe is a far better goal ratio than aguero and definitely better than Messi, Ronaldo and lewandowski who we didn't want anyway. Glad we cleared that up, as you were.
Mods!

Can we pin this summary at the top of the thread please?? :-|

Maybe Jesus playing on the right was a QT trial by Pep and his coaches, to see if Jesus can play in that position, just off Kane, if Kane signs? Maybe not.

Maybe Jesus playing on the right was a QT trial by Pep and his coaches, to see if Jesus can play in that position, just off Kane, if Kane signs? Maybe not.

Or maybe trying Torres there in case Kane doesn't come. Won us the game, hopefully wins us many more.

After the performance given by Gabriel Jesus yeterday, who needs Harry Kane? Jesus is an unselfish grafter, a proper team player who has played for Brazil several times. He is also surrounded by experienced players, and nearly all of them are capable of scoring. Forget Harry Kane, he is too expensive anyway. Keep Jesus as the regular centre-forward instead of paying stupid money for a player who is rapidly approaching the end of his career.
As first ever posts go, you've pretty much nailed the worst one yet.

He's "played for Brazil several times" has he?

Come on, at least do a bit of research before coming on a rival fan site and trying to troll.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.