Harry Kane

He is 28 in a few weeks..just struggle to see City paying Levy sums of money for a player who may only have 4/5 years left, bearing in mind the injury risk which may become more prominent due to age. If the price is right and Haaland is not an option he is a great alternative.Just can not see Levy being reasonable. If the sums reported are correct, Haaland or Mbappe make so much more sense.
I agree, but if the links are true think it’s more about giving Pep the players he wants for the last two years. As the club are all about long term planning it just seems a short term move if true.

I agree, but if the links are true think it’s more about giving Pep the players he wants for the last two years. As the club are all about long term planning it just seems a short term move if true.
As a business, you cannot just plan for short term or long term. Could be that there is a short term target to fill the gap left by aguero around the age of 28, a medium term target around the age of 25 (not sure who) and a long term target around the age of 22 (could be torres or haaland) At least that’s how the succession planning would/should be done.

As a business, you cannot just plan for short term or long term. Could be that there is a short term target to fill the gap left by aguero around the age of 28, a medium term target around the age of 25 (not sure who) and a long term target around the age of 22 (could be torres or haaland) At least that’s how the succession planning would/should be done.
That’s a hell of a cost for a short term target to the business.

FWIW, and I'd say quite a lot, Jose Mourinho was singing Kane's prairies in a Euro 2020 preview interview. Said he is a (quiet) leader, points out that he has become a more complete player whilst still scoring a many goals as when he was an out an out striker (which is some feat) and even mentioned that he is brilliant at defending corners.

Kane would bring plenty to the party at City; he's still not my first choice but the options that are better are very limited.

That’s a hell of a cost for a short term target to the business.

5 years isnt short term though? huge cost agreed but football isnt like normal business and 4-5 years is along time in this industry to be honest! Haaland would never stay for 10 years and people need to realise that as he has already stated he wants to play in spain as well so we may only get 5 years out of him before he wants to move on? Plus then you have years of mino shit stirring etc and no doubt in 5 years there will be another wonderkid on the market or maybe just maybe delap makes it?

FWIW, and I'd say quite a lot, Jose Mourinho was singing Kane's prairies in a Euro 2020 preview interview. Said he is a (quiet) leader, points out that he has become a more complete player whilst still scoring a many goals as when he was an out an out striker (which is some feat) and even mentioned that he is brilliant at defending corners.
And he's got a little house for such a rich guy. Humble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.