Harry Kane

We've got to learn to let players go while they still have decent value. Bringing a few more through from the academy would help.

We should be making profits on players like Jesus, Bernardo , and Laporte. We should have made better money on Tosin, Dzeko and the like over past seasons.

That's a matter for Bergiristain to sort out.
If a player has "decent value" it is because he is a good player, we don't sell our good players (Sane excluded) which is why other clubs are parading the "net spend trophy" and we parade the real ones.

We turn over plenty of cash through the young lads and commercially are now in a position to buy 100m+ players with our own income. We are going to make a profit on all of them players, they have been here for a while now and we have amortized the cost down a lot.

Tosin and Dzeko, interesting you pick both of them because both have practically come out and said they asked City to be let go to Fulham and Roma so they could move forward with their careers. Tosin cost us nothing so whatever the fee was we got a 'profit' and we have a sell on fee, Dzeko gave us great service and went with our blessing.

I can understand the emotional attachment people have to Haaland, but realistically there are only two players in the premier league who are close to regularly scoring 20+ a season, and only a handful of players in Europe, and Kane wants to come to City and is in a place to push for that. When you add in the fact that Kane has added assists to his game, and how comfortable he is dropping deep and setting up Son to, understand why Pep fancies the look of him in a team with Kev, Gundogan, Foden and possibly Grealish.

After reading different info, stats and opinions given by other posters over the past couple of weeks, thought I’d add my own bit.

Kane is Prem proven; agreed. He has the numbers to prove his worth; agreed. It’s no surprise that he’d be seen as an option for the striker position.

There are certain things I’ve never been a fan of that players do - easily falling over, diving, endangering a player - things that Kane has done in the past. Nonetheless, doesn’t take away from the fact that he knows where the back of the net is.

I understand why people mention his physical state:
- 16/17: Ankle Injury - out for a sum total of 73 days
- 17/18: Ankle injury - out for 20 days
- 18/19: Torn ankle ligament/Ligament injury - out for a sum total of 91 days
- 19/20: Thigh muscle/fitness issue - out for a sum total of 90 days.

The season gone by saw him out for 13 days in total for an ankle injury. The lowest so far since he started having them. It’s understandable why people would mention his injuries given the ones he’s had over the years.

Regardless of what I think about him, I’m sure the hierarchy will only do what is right for the club. If that includes brining Kane in, so be it.

We already lost aguero. Silva, Jesus and sterling may be on the outs so it's not unrealistic to be looking at both ? (Grin)

What players are going to be interested in going to a midtable Spuds team?
Sterling and Jesus will not be leaving and even if they do it will be bigger clubs than Spuds.Maybe Patrick Roberts is going there.Having said that i dont think Harry Kane is leaving Spuds as no one is paying Levys ransom figure.I think we will buy a striker completely out of leftfield or maybe not at all.

If a player has "decent value" it is because he is a good player, we don't sell our good players (Sane excluded) which is why other clubs are parading the "net spend trophy" and we parade the real ones.

We turn over plenty of cash through the young lads and commercially are now in a position to buy 100m+ players with our own income. We are going to make a profit on all of them players, they have been here for a while now and we have amortized the cost down a lot.

Tosin and Dzeko, interesting you pick both of them because both have practically come out and said they asked City to be let go to Fulham and Roma so they could move forward with their careers. Tosin cost us nothing so whatever the fee was we got a 'profit' and we have a sell on fee, Dzeko gave us great service and went with our blessing.
Your final paragraph indicates what we should have been doing with players like Kompany, Aguero, Zabaleta, Silva etc rather than letting their contracts run down. We should have been looking to get replacements on the books and sold them one or two seasons before their contracts expired.
Our biggest problem is that we pay players too much to be able to shift them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.