Harry Kane

IMO this means Pep's not staying past 2023.

Kane's a world class striker, but he's 28. He'll be good for ~4 years assuming the ankle holds up. Haaland would be good for 10+.

One's a short-mid term option, the other is long term. One is the young player who you mould (remember how Pep's supposed to prefer working with younger players?), the other is someone who slots in for a few years while you win and the next guy can worry about replacing Kane for another £150m in 2025 or something.

It's going to be a good couple of seasons, he's going to score a lot of goals, I'm just slightly disappointed we're taking a shorter term view.
Agreed. Apart from Kane being 28... ;-)

Kane would do a great job for City and it would pretty much ensure the next 2 league titles IMO. It’s just not quite the future planning I was hoping for....

If Haaland stays outside of England with his next move then it’s all good. I just feel it’s fallen nicely for the rags to go balls deep for him next summer and they’ll probably get him.

If Kane does put in a transfer request how much could we expect that to knock off what Spurs would sell him for?

IMO this means Pep's not staying past 2023.

Kane's a world class striker, but he's 28. He'll be good for ~4 years assuming the ankle holds up. Haaland would be good for 10+.

One's a short-mid term option, the other is long term. One is the young player who you mould (remember how Pep's supposed to prefer working with younger players?), the other is someone who slots in for a few years while you win and the next guy can worry about replacing Kane for another £150m in 2025 or something.

It's going to be a good couple of seasons, he's going to score a lot of goals, I'm just slightly disappointed we're taking a shorter term view.

So am I, as I have already said, and fully agree with the logic.

However I really don't think it is related to Pep's plans, if he even has them that far ahead. Think that will very much be decided at that time depending on how things are then.

I wasn't against the Dias signing.
Even if you were, no here should stop themselves from giving an opinion about anything. People will get things wrong and get things right. Be “loud” as much as you want and not afraid to change your mind when necessary. There won’t be witch trials here

Can’t get my head around people saying this.

On what planet do people think City sign Harry Kane this summer on what I’d imagine a 5year contract earning mega wages roughly what Sergio is on now to then go out and sign Haaland next summer.

If Kane signs then Haaland will not be signing for city in the foreseeable. My guess is he’ll go next summer to Barcelona or Real Madrid when they can afford the buyout clause. Bayern is another potential suitor for him next summer.
The club will have already assessed the relative prospects of getting Haaland vs Kane. We go for the bird in the hand, not the one in the bush, and build the attack around that guy.

If we get Kane, then he should be perfect for us for the next 3, 4, 5 years.

Surely nobody’s expecting one this year and one next? That would be totally unrealistic.

I just think the idea that Levy is going to "do the right thing" by Kane and let him go for a realistic price is for the birds.

If we get him it's gonna months of Levy saying £150m or nothing until he backs down on the last day of the transfer window. At best.

Till He backs down? more like, till We back down and pay what he's been asking all along.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.