Harry Kane

I’m a bit confused. City will need to stump up £100m for Kane (at least). Dortmund would snatch our hands off for £80-£90m for Haaland.

in my opinion Haaland is already better than Kane, based on league goals ratio and the champions league ridiculousness he’s posting.

also i’ve seen him mow down Father Ruben and Upamaceno, just absolutely walked over them.

Haaland is much younger, cheaper, probably accepts lower wages, supports City, already has a very high international profile marketing wise and would end his career a city legend.

Kane will never be a city legend - he’ll always be a spurs boy. just like van persie to United it was a short term fix but really it just looked weird in the United shirt after what he did at Arsenal.

City buy young promising players and turn them into superstars, defining us by their careers. That wont happen to Kane. I just dont get how its a choice, if it is a choice

My exact same thinking (if the speculated numbers are about right) even if Haaland price tag is100m.
Adding to that the resale values which has no comparison. I am not sure if we get Haaland he will be in city until he hang his boots BUT just imagine him with us for the next 4-5 years.

I’m a bit confused. City will need to stump up £100m for Kane (at least). Dortmund would snatch our hands off for £80-£90m for Haaland.

in my opinion Haaland is already better than Kane, based on league goals ratio and the champions league ridiculousness he’s posting.

also i’ve seen him mow down Father Ruben and Upamaceno, just absolutely walked over them.

Haaland is much younger, cheaper, probably accepts lower wages, supports City, already has a very high international profile marketing wise and would end his career a city legend.

Kane will never be a city legend - he’ll always be a spurs boy. just like van persie to United it was a short term fix but really it just looked weird in the United shirt after what he did at Arsenal.

City buy young promising players and turn them into superstars, defining us by their careers. That wont happen to Kane. I just dont get how its a choice, if it is a choice
Looking from the outside in,i think most of us would agree that the reasons for signing Haaland make more sense.So while none of us are privvy to negotiations,i strongly suspect if we do sign Kane that Haaland was either not a choice or the circus,and vibes,around him didnt float our boat.
Whichever player hopefully ends up in Blue,it will be an amazing signing and will genuinely elevate us to an even higher level.

Its win win.

I don’t think it’s just an “online perception” tbh.

What is it then? I appreciate you and a few here hear more behind the scenes so you may well know, I'm just going off what is out in the public domain. We've never said or hinted anything either way. Dortmund have been consistent. Mino has been consistent. The only thing different is Kane doing an interview snd casually suggesting a few things that can be read into in isolation. Maybe that supports a presumption that he already knows where he wants to move, and it is here, and that he also must have encouragement. But it doesn't do anything to suggest Haaland is increasingly less likely, which was my point.

5 weeks ago they weren't (table before our 2nd leg vs them):
View attachment 17488
To now:
View attachment 17489

Things have definitely changed, not just for Dortmund but for Haaland too. He's a young striker breaking Champions League records, so being out of the Champions League wasn't an option for him. Now they're safe he doesn't have to force a move, in fact he can do 1 more year in the Champions League at Dortmund and then command a huge wage next season when there's a bidding war for him.

As it stands with Haaland seemingly off the table, Kane makes sense, wants to come and would genuinely be great in our side, plus Pep obviously likes him.

They would have always expected to climb into top 4. Do you think liverpool and chelsea go planning their seasons in april when they are in 5th or 6th? Dortmund's stance was clear regardless, and hasn't changed. With or without champions league, they wouldn't sell, (unless a sizeable offee comes). With or without champions league, Haaland's agent would push for a move, if he was interested in the move, to a club of his choice. That club would then haggle with Dortmund and he would play his part.
That remains the case, nobody has hinted anything otherwise.

I agree Kane, currently, seems to be a more likely option. But that is purely because of one interview he gave (ironically supposedly 6 weeks ago, so around the same time confidence of landing Haaland was at its peak), and the implied perception of that. Nothing at all has changed on the Haaland side to say it has become less likely though.

I understand people people would prefer Haaland, but all this talk of re sale value when it comes to Kane is ridiculous. All our great players of the Las 10 years have left for free! Zabba, YaYa, Vinny,Canary Dave and now Sergio, we haven't got a fee for any of them, but they have all delivered trophies. If kane cost 120m + and wins us 3/4 league titles in the next 5/6 years then his non resale value and fee will have been well worth it!

Tou can't compare them though. For a start, none were signed for 120m+. It is a huge amount of money. Almost double the record we have paid for any player. I They stayed 10 years, because they were signed at an age they Could, he can't, he is being signed at an age when it is his last big move. Which is totally fine, but not at over 100m.

People say why do you care about resale value. I bloody don't. The club clearly damn well do, that is obvious, and I'm just pointing out this doesn't for with their pattern or how they conduct transfers.

If they sign someone like haaland, mbappe, etc, they are already breaking one pattern, the fact the would pay big big money and what it takes for a signing of that calibre. But it would be a protected investment because of their age and profile, it would have longterm value.

If they sign kane, they are breaking two patterns. Big big money transfer they have typically stayed away from, And, no long term value. They have never done both. That is why I struggle to see this happening.

So far, we have been linked with Haaland, Watzke has said he's not selling, and named a price. Now we have been linked with Kane. Levy is yet to say he isn't selling and to name a price. When that happens, we will be where we were. Then it'll be either back to Haaland, perhaps maybe linked with Mbappe in his last year, till Kalifi says he's not selling and names a price, then maybe linked with frlix or someone else, who knows. Then back to Kane, Haaland, and so on. Round and round till it lands somewhere before next season starts. I honestly doubt a transfer this big for a player of that big a profile happens quickly and quietly behind the scenes like most are assuming has already happened just because Kane said some stuff to Neville.

(Hopefully, we sign messi quietly in the meantime while the above circle-tug is playing out)

My only worry with this transfer is Roy Keane was on sky sports after Tottenham vs The Rags saying how he had a feeling Kane wanted to play for United. If Tolmie is correct that this Neville interview was weeks ago, maybe the two are correlated.

The timing links, and I doubt Keane wouldn't have known about it. IF his opinion was in any way based around knowing what kane had said to his employers, it would probably be because he as a red is reading into Kane's comments the same way most blues are reading into his comments 'well he must mean us'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.