Harry Kane

No top club keeps a player who doesn’t want to play for them , so unless Kane says he’s staying then only one outcome .

Despite all the nonsense in this post you have missed 1 very obvious and telling point.

Not once have you mentioned Spurs trying to actually win something on the field. It’s all about finance and the profit sheet.

You have the audacity to preach but miss the point. Your rotten football club is not competitive at all.

Kane knows it, we all know it.
Absolutely spot on.

We’ve signed loads of players and sold them on. And we sensibly don’t usually pay fees at this level for 27 year olds neither, or at all.

But I’m not thinking in terms of City and what we usually do, I’m thinking in terms of the fee and what you’d expect to come with it:
- Long term
- Room for development and improvement over the course of the contact from the player
- Chance to sell on and earn something back (even if we opt not to)
- No worries over injury history

He doesn’t tick any of these boxes. He’s 27, he’s as good as he ever will be, his best years might even be behind him, he’s had some big injuries to his ankles and he’s looking less athletic as he’s getting into his late 20s because of them.

He literally just ticks the ‘scores goals’ box. I wouldn’t put that above any fee paid for the likes of Pogba or van Dijk.
I may be reaching here, but getting kane (and grealish) also helps the club to extend Pep's contract I think..We can maybe stress that we are building the team in your image/got the players you want..it would hard for him to reject an extension when we have spent so much on these two.

We’ve signed loads of players and sold them on. And we sensibly don’t usually pay fees at this level for 27 year olds neither, or at all.

But I’m not thinking in terms of City and what we usually do, I’m thinking in terms of the fee and what you’d expect to come with it:
- Long term
- Room for development and improvement over the course of the contact from the player
- Chance to sell on and earn something back (even if we opt not to)
- No worries over injury history

He doesn’t tick any of these boxes. He’s 27, he’s as good as he ever will be, his best years might even be behind him, he’s had some big injuries to his ankles and he’s looking less athletic as he’s getting into his late 20s because of them.

He literally just ticks the ‘scores goals’ box. I wouldn’t put that above any fee paid for the likes of Pogba or van Dijk.
He ticks more than a scores goals box. He’s at his peak and can break goal records here. We’ve lost our best ever striker so what a statement it would be to go and sign the best striker in the league to replace him. We’ve made the mistake in the past of not strengthening with a player who improves us after a title win and paid the price. Kane will definitely improve us.

With regards his athleticism he looked as sharp as ever for Spurs last season. Can understand you saying it though because he looked leggy for England especially in the early games. I promise you he looked exactly the same 3 years earlier for England at the World Cup.

Last edited:
So how do you think the situation will play out? DIfficult to see Levy budging and I don't know whether we have backup options for Kane...
We could do worse than Grealish and Ings while keeping hold of Bernardo for another season, just imo.

Can’t see this transfer going through until the last week of the window, levy will fuck us over or try to. They are massively in debt and need the money because no other player they have on the books will generate anything near Kane,s price. And this manageable debt is another fucking joke which the rags have been getting away with for years, manageable debt means it’s coming down not increasing every pissing year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.