Harry Kane

I've avoided sullying my eyes for awhile but it's good to see Redcafe is still full of deluded idiots with short memories. Apparently, us dominating the league is a bad thing for everybody else, and it was the 'oil clubs' who were responsible for the ESL.

Edit: love the fact that they still believe FFP doesn't apply to us.

View attachment 22841
View attachment 22842
"Without the oil clubs, we'd only be competing with Liverpool & Arsenal."

And there you have their deep held wishes laid bare for all to see. Life for them would be great, as long as they had no viable long term challengers. :-|

Given how calm we've been and denied the fact that we would never pay 160m for a player, it could well be that it is just a waiting game till Spurs game is done, and the value set/agreed is much much lower
The deal is probably done, you have to go through all the political bullshit to try and appease the Spurs fans, just like Villa have done with Grealish.

I've avoided sullying my eyes for awhile but it's good to see Redcafe is still full of deluded idiots with short memories. Apparently, us dominating the league is a bad thing for everybody else, and it was the 'oil clubs' who were responsible for the ESL.

Edit: love the fact that they still believe FFP doesn't apply to us.

View attachment 22841
View attachment 22842
Cry me a fucking river.....just missing 'Losing interest in football'

Levy likes to think he is a top negotiator and leave things till the last minute in the transfer window although the fact is it hasnt worked out for Spurs with some of the rubbish they have bought in the final day

Roman and Chelsea are going nowhere, they will be fighting us all the way.

Would love to see the Saudi's getting in to Newcastle, the Yank owners would be devastated.

But with no ffp owners could put in whatever they liked, and given Sheikh Mansour is more than twice as wealthy as abramovich that would be great for us.

While I agree to an extent of devastating the pair of red scum, i wouldn’t want the Geordies or any club as another challenger to us, I’d rather see City absolutely dominate every season and win the quadruple every single year. That would be my ideal scenario anyway.

But they're not deluded here. What they're basically saying is, wasn't it lovely during the cartel days when nobody could break into our lovely little closed club? They thought it was just going to go on for ever and ever, amen. See, there was a time, and it was a good one but it'll never come again, when a club like Ipswich, with a minimal budget, could win the league. Or Forest. But when the dippers got a stranglehold for twenty years, and then the rags for another twenty, among other things because they were earning a cartload of money from such things as sponsorship deals, television (with the coming of satellite) and worldwide merchandising, they thought, this is great, we've got everyone by the balls. Then Chelsea came in and upset the applecart, and then the sheik, and that busted things wide open. Or it would have done, were it not for FFP, which ensured that nobody else could get over the drawbridge and into the fortress!
The original members of the cartel hate us, and those outside the cartel hate us. Personally, I can live with it, no bother.
To illustrate that the first steps towards a breakaway league that caused the end of sharing gate receipts with the away club happened in the early 80s just after Villa won the title between 1970 and then 5 out of the 11 seasons had been won by non-"big three clubs", between then and Chelsea winning the league in 2004 4 non-"big three clubs" in 22 seasons, And since our title win in 2012 the "big 3" have won just 2 titles in 11 years. It really isn't a wonder that they are pissed, especially at ourselves and Chelsea, I think the reason we get it worse is at the back of peoples minds there is always the thought at some point Abramovich will lose interest from day one our owners have looked like they are looking to establish something long term and significant.

But with no ffp owners could put in whatever they liked, and given Sheikh Mansour is more than twice as wealthy as abramovich that would be great for us.

While I agree to an extent of devastating the pair of red scum, i wouldn’t want the Geordies or any club as another challe to us, I’d rather see City absolutely dominate every season and win the quadruple every single year. That would be my ideal scenario anyway.
Competition is good, it makes you stronger.

It makes the Premier league stronger, competition keep you on your toes.

Also it's highly important for Pep's long term future at the club that the competition is intense, as long as it is, I don't think Pep is going anytime soon.

Had a convo with a red who was going on about us spending money. Pointed out that they were buying £30m defenders 20+ years ago.
yes but it was there money and they earned it, he says.
Didnt really answer when i asked what fucking difference that makes and did he basically just like it when only they could spend money.

glad it hurts, fuckin red bastards
ManUre first loaned a shitload of Money under "Flasher" Edwards, & then went public to cover that debt & bring in millions. Those millions were buying £18m strikers, £29m Strikers & £30m defenders...... In the meantime Lee Bradbury was our record £3m buy. :-|

Life was great for the rags back then. Until the rise of Chelsea, ManUre were financially unassailable. They were winning everything on offer & paying record fees for superstar players to keep themselves on top, but even this wasn't enough.

To further illustrate their dominance, they even created the count up banner. I mean, what's the point in all this success, unless you've got someone's nose to rub in it right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.