Harry Kane

He could and indeed would have quite easily said “I will be returning to the club tomorrow, as planned. I am fully committed to enjoying a successful season ahead with Nuno, my teammates and the Spurs fans”

He pointedly chose not to say any such thing. But he did choose to say “While I won’t go into the specifics of the situation”…

All part of the propaganda war
True but it's irrelevant if Spurs don't want to sell. This transfer story is just based on wishful thinking at the moment. With Grealish there was a release clause, with Kane he's under contract.

It is funny how he's not mentioned anything all week, the moment Messi gets mentioned in a conference he comes out with a statement. He definitely wants to keep Spurs fans on side incase the transfer doesn't happen.
Can't blame him for that, tbh. As for what it says about his future intentions, that remains unclear. My issue is that Levy will spin it out for as long as possible. Probably wants to bank the money rather than reinvest it and wants to use the transfer window as an excuse.

A 29 year old Kane isn't fetching £100m+ next season.

So we'll have to see how brave Levy is because with or without Kane, their current squad isn't finishing top 4.

Yes, because Spurs literally came out and made it clear he was expected back on a certain date and simply no showed. So yes, we all know. It didn't happen by accident, and it's not an accident it's taken a week for Kane/his team to clear this up/damage control. Or do you think it was?
Even coming out with fines for not showing up

so was he supposed to be report for training earlier this week or not at all?

I havent seen any of our english boys back yet just saying...

So how exactly have people come to the conclusion that Harry Kane has "bottled" it?
Some people on here are unreal, What do you want him to say "I am officially on strike and want to join Manchester City"?
It's more of a statement to the fans that have got on his back for not training, He has mentioned nothing about staying at Tottenham ffs
Pep has had his say just a couple of hours ago, All of a sudden Kane has a statement, Use your heads people.
I think he had extra rest from the Euros the media started their usual crap its all got way out of hand, Sir Harry is the consummate professional on and off the pitch, no ones saying hes not pissed with Levy for whatever reasons but I think everything is still on track, its Levy and his usual games, I think Harry will next week hand in a transfer request and then we will see, maybe he was waiting for Levy or Spurs to make an official statement on the situation but no ones said a peep, I think after seeing Grealish sign would only fuel Harry more to want to come. Jmho :)

Timing of this with last night's news correlates too well. I said in the Messi thread earlier on that I expect some form of apologetic Kane statement before we go balls deep for Messi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.