Harry Kane

There’s some pretty weird folk on that Spurs forum.

I know it’s tough losing your best player, we’ve been there, but there’s ways of dealing with it.

I feel for them a bit, because if David Silva ever did an interview like Kane did to Neville it would've destroyed me.

But Jesus, the vitriol over there. They hate Kane, his brother, levy, city, city fans, HH SM, The Queen, decimalisation, the industrial revolution, the Big Bang.

Basically, it’s everyone else’s fault and everyone is a twat but they’re excited to spend the money. Odd bunch.
Good job this forum is full of balanced, non-judgemental, level-headed, rational contributors then……………

Understand what you are saying but Levy wants to keep Kane.
And when Levy has a will there's always a way. I'm not arguing whether its wrong/right to sell Kane

Imo : we should get the most money possible out of city to help our rebuild if we do decide to sell Kane
but Levy is the sort of guy who doesn't want to look bad in public. This will bother him.
I’m not sure Levy does want to keep Kane and the Spurs fans make it easy for him. It’s his greatest con-trick. The only thing I see he’s great at negotiating is the acquiescence of the vast majority of Spurs fans with Joe Lewis’ ambitions for their club. Kroenke could only dream of such loyalty to his cause from the gooners. At least when we had a shit chairman/were in managed decline, we didn’t go around telling everyone how good he was at negotiating to save face.

Understand what you are saying but Levy wants to keep Kane.
And when Levy has a will there's always a way. I'm not arguing whether its wrong/right to sell Kane

Imo : we should get the most money possible out of city to help our rebuild if we do decide to sell Kane
but Levy is the sort of guy who doesn't want to look bad in public. This will bother him.

I get that but, in my opinion, everything we've seen has been smoke and mirrors. Levy's image is intact because he's dragged this and already proven he's a nightmare to negotiate with. The fee itself will include some unrealistic addon so that Levy can brief the press that City met their asking price while City will brief the initial fee. It all seems inevitable and probably what Levy expected to happen all this time.

I’m not sure Levy does want to keep Kane and the Spurs fans make it easy for him. It’s his greatest con-trick. The only thing I see he’s great at negotiating is the acquiescence of the vast majority of Spurs fans with Joe Lewis’ ambitions for their club. Kroenke could only dream of such loyalty to his cause from the gooners. At least when we had a shit chairman/were in managed decline, we didn’t go around telling everyone how good he was at negotiating to save face.
I do agree with you that the way Spurs fans are behaving right now is making it really easy to say 'Well we sold him because you wanted him gone'
I'm really dissapointed that a lot of Spurs fans are going down that route as I believe we're falling right into that PR trap. I for one won't be doing that.

I think what will bother Levy is that if he sells Kane for let's say £130m it makes it look like he lost because that's far less than Spurs originally wanted. I can't imagine him getting into that situation (imo)

I dont think that is racism..Might be wrong though

The whole “oil money” trope is absolutely racist. It’s just that nobody calls it out.

In the same way that, say, “bling” was thrown at rich black players until very recently (and arguably still is).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.