Harry Kane

His age is the worry for me, for the amount we would have to pay. The Fiorentina player looks the wiser investment. Either way I want the Kane thing to come to an end soon so we can have a settled team.

Before the start of the summer what value did you think would need to be offered for Kane to be accepted by Spurs for a smooth transfer?

Unless city came with a huge offer 150ish this was entirely predictable..

Tottenham beaten last night by a club that I've literally never heard of, in a competition I still don't really understand what it is and what's it's for. Why on earth would any of our players want to go there?
Why would any player above the relegation zone want to go there?

There was a lot of flapping over a centre half last year !!!! Koulabaly then the lad from Seville !!!!!!
Then Reuben who!!! Never heard of him
Look how that turned out

they will have alternatives up their sleeve
You can call tixy etc whatever they are no mugs
Trust in pep and our owners
They want success as much as we do

Definitely mate. We're an incredibly well run club and whilst we'd all like new signings on board and ready for pre season, it rarely works out like that.

You're spot on with the Dias example. It came out of nowhere but once the Koulibaly situation had been exhausted we moved quickly. I'm sure the same will happen if we reach that point with Kane.

The longer this goes on (and City don't brief that we're no longer pursuing it) I feel it will happen. Levy won't want to be seen to have let Kane go without a fight or a record fee that he can boast about to their fans. It seems as though ego and reputation complicates these deals just as much as the financials.

Wasn't it Pep who once noted the importance of having a strong national core to a team? Or perhaps someone else of our clubs higher ups. Not saying it's *the* reason, just something factoring into the thinking.
It’s odd that the press are still kissing levy’s arse over this proposed transfer, would have thought the prospect of England captain joining up with half his England teammates with pep 18 months before a World Cup certainly makes sense from an England perspective.

I think that says more about the state of the youth system in England, there is a premium because any English player with actual quality is a rare these days. Foden really proves the point with as he is the only genuine first team player we have produced since Richards over 10 years ago.
I can’t agree with that. The youth system and its academies have come on leaps and bounds in the last decade. The England squad is full of promising young players (transfermarkt has the England squad as the only squad in the World valued over £1 billion reflecting their potential) We are also seeing Academies raided by other countries not able to produce the same quality that England has such as Bellingham and our own Sancho.

The PL is extremely strong so some players don’t make it at the top level but plenty become professionals and others take a drop down but then still end up playing for the National side like Trippier.

With City we have currently got a brilliant crop of players and a few of them might make it here but,if they don’t,they will still walk into most teams. Using City’s first team to prove that the Academy system isn’t good isn’t a great example. Look how much money they and Chelsea make from teams that do want the players that are being produced.

In short England’s Academy system is the best it has ever been and getting better.

Back to talking about one of the best strikers in the World and a product of the Academy system in England…Harry Kane.

This is changing though, the quality of players coming through now is much much better and more of them. We are seeing the start of that now with the youth World Cup winning team starting to come through - we will see more over the next ten years as the youth systems have improved so much, all part of the FA plan and backed by clubs investing.

This has also raised the spectre of English youth players being poached by foreign teams, in numbers, for the first time in my life.

The standard of England’s youth system and players is better now than ever before so this statement of yours just doesn’t fly at all.
There is a definite shift in youth development in England and I think Pep has had a big impact on that over the last 5 years too. You are right about foreign clubs poaching English youngsters but imo that’s still more about bigger clubs not being willing to give them much game time.

Regardless of the coaching, for me Phil Foden is the only English player that’s broken through in the last 10 years who has the potential to go on to be a top 5 in the world player.

I’m aware the so called golden generation won fuck all for the country but overall the quality of that squad both in their prime and when they were first breaking through is so much higher than anything that’s around or up & coming at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.