Harry Kane

Why are we still talking about this guy?
The England captain, the England team's top goalscorer and the scorer of the most Premier League goals in a calendar year? That guy?

As I said, the moment has passed but Kane is a top, top tier player and there are some people on here who bizarrely don't seem to grasp that.

I am convinced he would've been sensational at City. But we'll never know.

A bit like the Messi thing (though Kane is no Messi, obvs!)...a couple of years earlier it would've made a whole world of sense, but not now.

The England captain, the England team's top goalscorer and the scorer of the most Premier League goals in a calendar year? That guy?

As I said, the moment has passed but Kane is a top, top tier player and there are some people on here who bizarrely don't seem to grasp that.

I am convinced he would've been sensational at City. But we'll never know.

A bit like the Messi thing (though Kane is no Messi, obvs!)...a couple of years earlier it would've made a whole world of sense, but not now.

I think with alot of City fans, we'll never truly take to Kane. He'll always be the Spurs guy.

I just don't see how Kane doesn't break records at City if he doesn't get injured. Perfect for us.

But I do think the moment's passed, I feel there's a crushing inevitability about some kind of £80-100m Felix deal coming our way. I've never seen him play so I can't really comment but I get the sense he would not complete us in the way that Kane/Haaland/Lewandowski would. But, I seem to be questioning our transfers every single summer and never being happy, and we keep winning shit and being an unbelievably-ran football club, so maybe I'll just let it happen this year.

I just don't see how Kane doesn't break records at City if he doesn't get injured. Perfect for us.

But I do think the moment's passed, I feel there's a crushing inevitability about some kind of £80-100m Felix deal coming our way. I've never seen him play so I can't really comment but I get the sense he would not complete us in the way that Kane/Haaland/Lewandowski would. But, I seem to be questioning our transfers every single summer and never being happy, and we keep winning shit and being an unbelievably-ran football club, so maybe I'll just let it happen this year.
I'll get shot down in flames here but I'm not entirely convinced a bank-busting Haaland deal would be great for us.

We never sign big time charlies. So far signing "lower key" players who develop into world beaters once they get here is a model that's worked.

Aside from *maybe* Grealish...name a rockstar player we've signed? The closest is probs Kev and he wasn't even that well respected in UK, though he was in Germany of course.

I dunno, I can just see Haaland going tits up.

Personally I'd be quite excited to see how Felix developed at City, and we've got a pretty good track record signing promising Portuguese lads!

I'll get shot down in flames here but I'm not entirely convinced a bank-busting Haaland deal would be great for us.

We never sign big time charlies. So far signing "lower key" players who develop into world beaters once they get here is a model that's worked.

Aside from *maybe* Grealish...name a rockstar player we've signed? The closest is probs Kev and he wasn't even that well respected in UK, though he was in Germany of course.

I dunno, I can just see Haaland going tits up.

Personally I'd be quite excited to see how Felix developed at City, and we've got a pretty good track record signing promising Portuguese lads!

Oh, aye, I'd still be excited with Felix. I'm not that spoiled yet, he's a talent for sure. But if we never get to see what this generation of City would get to do with an out-and-out, lethal striker than it'll be something that'll always rankle. Like you, I'll get murdered for it, but the ideal player is still Kane for me. The headers, the finishes, the penalties, the playmaking, the fact that his weakness is his lack of speed for those counters that we never play. But I'd love Haaland, too. Or Lewa, or Benzema, or even Vlahovic. Just a sharp, killer Number Nine to pick off goals in the storm of chances we create. I have no doubt Felix would blossom into a great player here, but yeah. A Kane-type player is my dream.

I just don't understand this obsession with a player breaking Shearer's record. Particularly when over 70% of the goals that would do it are with another club. Sure if it was mostly with us I can see some giddyness, but for someone to come in and top up their rapidly dwindling tally before retiring and us to celebrate that as a club achievement, I just can't get my head around.

Regardless, I said even in the summer before his form nosedived, that I think it would be difficult for him to do it. He needs 90 goals. His last 90 goals took him 4.5 years to score. And that was with an incredible season under poch in his prime which he hasn't come close to repeating. To do it in the next 4-5 years if he can play at the top regularly that long he would need to seriously improve on his recent numbers over the last 3.5 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.