Harry Maguire found guilty in Greece

You’re a bit late, mate. It finished in 2002!

;-)

That awfil programme and its even worse presenters would have put me off my FULL breakfast.
Perhaps not.
I've said previously that this is an in-club operation, the rags are going to kick him out by appearing to do the 'right thing' and putting the club first.
No reasonably intelligent human being would sit there like Slab did and act out the whole "I'm-a-victim" charade unless directed to by his puppet masters.
For his dignity and moral fibre, and out of the deepest respect for his close friends and family, he should have been man enough to come out and say something like: "Yeah, I fucked up. I got pissed and tried the whole 'Billy Big-Time' routine and came unstuck". He could have made a few routine apologies to all concerned and let the whole incident die a natural death. There would have been many people watching who would have said: "Fair play to him. Been there, done that".
But no, instead he goes on national TV and makes a complete idiot of himself with lie after lie after lie - something no intelligent person would do, unless -as I say- he had little choice.

The rags could now justify tearing up his contract and kicking him out, thus saving face for spending over 80 million pounds on a decidedly 2nd rate player.
It is difficult to know what went on and how the police first came into contact with the group but l think that if Maguire had not been aggressive and been more apologetic that this situation could have been defused with the police even asking for selfies and autographs. The Greeks are football mad
But there are so many stories you don't know what to think.
I dont know about police cautions there but l do feel feel sorry for the poor guy doing
the 'anything you do say will be taken down and used in evidence' bit. Still off work with cramp to his writing hand.

Haha I went to St Robert’s and it certainly wasn’t!
Dave and Gary Bennett lived directly opposite on Montgomery Road
Never knew that. One ex pupil went to Oxford without Eton and was a senior academic. I believe Mark Lillis lived in Montgomery Road.
Went past recently. No church no school and Anson Hotel has been a cash and carry for a long time. Apart from that it still looks the same.
Happy days there.

Never knew that. One ex pupil went to Oxford without Eton and was a senior academic. I believe Mark Lillis lived in Montgomery Road.
Went past recently. No church no school and Anson Hotel has been a cash and carry for a long time. Apart from that it still looks the same.
Happy days there.
I know Mark Lillis played for St Robert’s under 16s/18s parish team back in the day but never knew he lived there.
My old next door neighbour as a kid, Mike Farrelly, was a hardcore City fan and ex St Roberts lad, and played 100-plus games for Preston before moving to Alty and Macc, scored the winner for Alty at Wembley in the 1986 FA Trophy final. He sadly died recently.
The Turner Prize winning artist Chris Ofili was in the year above me. He lived on Portland Road.
The Beckford brothers also lived nearby on Clitheroe Road and before that, another ex blue Derek Jeffries grew up over the road on Mentor Street I think. Menelik Watson who now plays in the NFL and is a massive blue grew up on Beresford Road.
A hell of a lot of (mainly blue) talent came from those humble terraced streets a few hundred yards apart

Shirley it's time to change the "misleading" title of this thread after his trial by (UK) media acquitted him of any wrong-doing and his appeal "nullified" the original verdict (for the time being)? We're besmirching the good name of one of this nation's sporting heroes (and by all accounts an all round good egg who it's hard to believe would get involved in anything like this) who's only real crime is to fall foul of those horrible, corrupt, foreigners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.