Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a joke? I am beside myself at the thought of signing a mediocre Sunday league clogger for an absurd amount of money.

He moves like a 2nd row rugby forward - lumbering. Sky gets their pants in a twist about him because he's English. We need ball playing centre backs not 1970s hoofers.

Because you don't compete with Barca, Madrid and Munich by buying players who are worse than their players.

Maguire would be worth a gamble, for the record, but that's what he'd be. Might work out, probably wouldn't, but it's a chance. Like Delph.

This is precisely my view on these type of signings. They're a huge gamble and the likes of Bayern don't make these signings. If you want to win all the big trophies, you sign world class players. Not players of Maguire's level.

It’s weird isn’t it I watch him and think how he would play under Pep others watch him and only see how he plays under that teams manager. Reads the game good on the ball has a range of passing also brings the ball out from the back and always looks full of confidence on the all! Of course he has made mistakes EVERY player makes mistakes but like pep said yesterday after the game regarding Stones it’s how you react to a mistake. Of course it’s about opinions but I look at the positive in players few on here always look at the negative in a player.

Of all the options realistically available to us ( no umititi) , Maguire is by far the best option.

And what game did you go and see the Iowa corn cob at? Carabo Cup? League game? Armchair in a dark room in your pants with Mr Johnson from down the hall yelling at you to "turn that limey shit off"?

Watch him live. It's an education. The young farmer is not good enough for us. He's good, but not at the level we need. We already have a young English centre half who's learning the trade under Pep. We don't need another one.
We will get or we wont but if we do it won't be because Dax has seen him live it will be because somebody who has seen him live more than you or me , and knows more than you or me, has, and decided he is the level we need.

Is this a joke? I am beside myself at the thought of signing a mediocre Sunday league clogger for an absurd amount of money.

He moves like a 2nd row rugby forward - lumbering. Sky gets their pants in a twist about him because he's English. We need ball playing centre backs not 1970s hoofers.

Couldnt find the "like" button!!;)

This is precisely my view on these type of signings. They're a huge gamble and the likes of Bayern don't make these signings. If you want to win all the big trophies, you sign world class players. Not players of Maguire's level.
Didn’t Bayern buy Süle from Hoffenheim last year?

From what I've seen of him he might not be the most elegant of movers but he definitely ain't a hoofer, his ball control for a centre back is excellent

Do you think Pep or Txiki doesn't know what type of centre back we need ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.