Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at him and saw who he played for and thought the same, then I watched him play and realised I was wrong. Nothing like Shawcross.
Most who are negative about him simply haven't watched. They think 1) English 2) Big and tall 3) plays for midtable club.
And the conclude, he must be a lump.This couldn't be farther from the truth.

why do all our players have to be world class, as for getting turned the other match,well van dyjke (?) got turned in the first few moments of his debut

its a squad game and if we did get Maguire then we would be able to rest stones otta for the big games

Most who are negative about him simply haven't watched. They think 1) English 2) Big and tall 3) plays for midtable club.

This. The form he is in, I would say he would push otmanendi and stones for a starting place this season. I have followed him this season as I have him in my fantasy team :)

Many on this forum haven't clearly seem him play this season. Far better option than Evans and Martinez ( no PL experience) and very dangerous at set pieces and is a target man...and very comfortable on the ball as well, will suit our style of play

50m is steep but I would much happier with him rather than Evans / Martinez

It’s weird isn’t it I watch him and think how he would play under Pep others watch him and only see how he plays under that teams manager. Reads the game good on the ball has a range of passing also brings the ball out from the back and always looks full of confidence on the all! Of course he has made mistakes EVERY player makes mistakes but like pep said yesterday after the game regarding Stones it’s how you react to a mistake. Of course it’s about opinions but I look at the positive in players few on here always look at the negative in a player.

why do all our players have to be world class

Because you don't compete with Barca, Madrid and Munich by buying players who are worse than their players.

Maguire would be worth a gamble, for the record, but that's what he'd be. Might work out, probably wouldn't, but it's a chance. Like Delph.

And what game did you go and see the Iowa corn cob at? Carabo Cup? League game? Armchair in a dark room in your pants with Mr Johnson from down the hall yelling at you to "turn that limey shit off"?

Watch him live. It's an education. The young farmer is not good enough for us. He's good, but not at the level we need. We already have a young English centre half who's learning the trade under Pep. We don't need another one.

Because you don't compete with Barca, Madrid and Munich by buying players who are worse than their players.

Maguire would be worth a gamble, for the record, but that's what he'd be. Might work out, probably wouldn't, but it's a chance. Like Delph.
But is he worse than Barcelona or Madrids or even PSG third choice centre back, I dont think he is, not sure about Bayern havent really follwed them this season. From the bits I've seen he's better than Mangala by a long way and more reliable than Kompany. Whoever get carrys some level of chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.