Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he is, he seems to want to run his contract down and be a free transfer on very high wages.

I think that’s why we have not been linked.

Would take him over Maguire.

I’m always surprised given the fact Vinny played with him for Belgium we where never really linked with him in his earlier days, would certainly have saved us some money.
Maybe he's "difficult" personality wise?

I don’t think he is, he seems to want to run his contract down and be a free transfer on very high wages.

I think that’s why we have not been linked.

Would take him over Maguire.

I’m always surprised given the fact Vinny played with him for Belgium we where never really linked with him in his earlier days, would certainly have saved us some money.
I've just assumed he's been running it down because Spurs were offering him a shit contract. He's apparently on 80k a week. If we signed him for the 25m release we could easily double his wages while staying within our own wage structure and be far better off than spending 70m on Maguire. Only thing Maguire has going for him over Toby is that he's homegrown (and his age, but at that price who cares).

Last edited:
Usual media bollocks trying to send him to the rag shit, as usual. If he does go there no doubt he'll be hailed as the best English defender since Bobby Moore and worth every penny of the £85m.

Either he's good enough for us or he isn't. Cost shouldn't come into it, if those twats can pay £85-£90m so can we. If he's not good enough for us then he's not worth whatever we'd pay, find someone else.

What we don't want is for Pep to really want him but we baulk at the fee. It makes us look smalltime and sends the wrong message to other players (unambitious, relatively low payers), media (smaller club than rags/scousers) and rival clubs (pay £5m more in a bidding war and they'll see us off).

If Pep wants him, negotiate with Leicester if it's just us really after him, or pay £1m more than rags offer them. We should NEVER be bullied/gazumped by that bunch of shit bastards at Trafford.

Not a fan. Many seem too quick to right off John Stones based on a poor performance in an over hyped England friendly. I would prefer a decent back up or Otto to stay and promote a youngster.

Not a fan. Many seem too quick to right off John Stones based on a poor performance in an over hyped England friendly. I would prefer a decent back up or Otto to stay and promote a youngster.

If we are getting Rodri, then IF it's not actually true that Otamendi is leaving, would we not assume that we have enough cover at cb anyhow, with Fern (Walker) Sandler, Garcia, Harwood Bellis maybe even Rodri himself ?

I would have thought Maguire etc are only on the radar if Otta is leaving.

Signing Rodri means Fernandinho can drop back there in any game if needed.

Don't rate Maguire at all. He had a couple of good games at the world cup last year, and suddenly he is the best thing since sliced bread.
I don't think anyone has said or believes he's the best thing.....not on this thread anyway.

He's a very dependable,reliable,no nonsense leader,who has played at a consistently good level for the past few seasons - the suggestion that he has only impressed in one or two games at a WC is pathetic,as he proved at the Etihad just a few weeks ago

90m is a mental price but any team that is desperate enough to pay such will be purchasing a footballer who will improve their squad,and for the majority....their starting 11.

I would have thought Maguire etc are only on the radar if Otta is leaving.

Signing Rodri means Fernandinho can drop back there in any game if needed.
I'm hoping we get Rodri over the line soon and I think Nico will stay now Kompany has left. If those two things happen then hopefully we won't need to waste money on Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.