Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies...though me general point still stands...i think we caught everyone on the hop with the buying of bernard....if we entered him to market then the q might well be similar to davids

My apologies...though me general point still stands...i think we caught everyone on the hop with the buying of bernard....if we entered him to market then q might well be similar to davids
No need to apologise.

Your spot on. I think the point you've made which I agree with is essentially the same point I'm trying to make.

My understanding is that the way we operate is that these deals are mapped out months in advance to avoid a bidding war with other clubs. I understand that City rarely get caught up in an auction with other clubs to avoid the transfer price being inflated. Therefore the notion that Maguire may be crap because lots of big clubs aren't in for him I don't think applies in Maguires case because of the way City now apparently operate in the transfer market.

I can't think of too many CB of Maguires quality, experience in the Prem league and or international experience who may be gettable/available. Toby at Spurs and that's about it.
It's a little strange that we've shown no interest in Alderweireld. He's very good, gettable, and wouldn't be that expensive. Would also fill in some of the experience walking out the door.

It's a little strange that we've shown no interest in Alderweireld. He's very good, gettable, and wouldn't be that expensive. Would also fill in some of the experience walking out the door.

I don’t think he is, he seems to want to run his contract down and be a free transfer on very high wages.

I think that’s why we have not been linked.

Would take him over Maguire.

I’m always surprised given the fact Vinny played with him for Belgium we where never really linked with him in his earlier days, would certainly have saved us some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.