Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised we are after him. A mid-table defender that, in a better era, would be nowhere near the England team. Praised for his ability on the ball, yet all he can actually do is run with the ball well, which rarely leads to anything but looks great. He gives the ball away in dangerous areas nearly every game I have seen him in. For £20m I would say fair enough, he is English and an aerial threat. For the price being mentioned I just cannot see why we are interested.

I will let Pep do what he wants. Plenty have improved under him so who am I to judge! But he will really have to work some magic for Maguire to be worth signing in my opinion.

Maguire will be fine if he comes. The most difficult task he will have is adapting to our system.

Its likely that he won't get much of a settling period from the fans which will be a little unfair as the rest of the team were given the best part of a season. Kun being a prime example.

Very worried about this. I dont think he is that good. I really dont. With Mahrez I knew what we are getting but even he is struggled to really break trough and show himself coming from a weaker club where he was the biggest fish.

For Maguire to come from Leicester where he is the best defender to come here and having to prove he deserves to start over Stones or Otamendi is a big jump. Could end up an expensive sub imo unless he hits the ground running.

Is he really that much better than Stones?

We will be made to pay similar sum like Pool did with Van Dijk and big wages too but is he a rock like him? I very much doubt that.

I still have a feeling his agent is pulling City's name into this "bidding war" and trying to get more out of United...

For the quoted price and salary above why not go for De Ligt who could be the Mbappe of the defence...

Wouldnt mind Maguire for 40m as a sub or one with rotation with Stones. But club record signing, even maybe closer to 80 than 60m, is he fucking Alessandro Nesta or Paolo Maldini?
Use your head,he won't be on that money

We've had brilliant signings down the years.
Kompany, Tevez, Silva, Toure, Aguero, Fernandinho, Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Bernardo, Laporte, Maguire. Ahhhhh.

Maguire will be fine if he comes. The most difficult task he will have is adapting to our system.

Its likely that he won't get much of a settling period from the fans which will be a little unfair as the rest of the team were given the best part of a season. Kun being a prime example.
It's an alligator with no teeth..
haha

There are a lot of foamers on here questioning Peps choice of a player, these poor little de Ligt fanboys aren’t half getting there underpants in a twist.

Perhaps tena for men might be in order?
Sorry I can't give you more than one like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.