Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topbins

Topbins

Team supported:
    CITY
    That's why I suspect strongly there is something in this report not necessarily the figures could not be asked either way.

But the tactic is textbook press dispraging players or the club before players have even got through the door. Ederson, Walker, Stones, Sterling, KDB, all had it.

I would like to think that the Press are taking this opportunity early with thinly veiled patronising digs at the club, because they are aware that this transfer is moving forward.

I think we all better get those tin hats ready because the potential Maguire signing is just the start.

However, this kind of treatment in the press is what makes lifting those trophies at the end of the season taste that bit sweeter for me.

2. Topbins

Topbins

Team supported:
    CITY
    If you have nothing remotely football related to say mate I'm going to have to ignore you.
    Your call.

3. Topbins

Topbins

Team supported:
    CITY
    You too.

4. ojeme

ojeme

Honestly if we sign Harry Maguire for the sums reported along with other reported targets (Angelino, Rodrigo, Cancelo), we should be looking at a gross sum of nearly £200m. The media will have a field day.

5. karen7

karen7

Only starting

Stoned Rose and ctid1894 like this.
  6. waspish

waspish

Of course the media going to set the Narrative now for the sheep to believe if he does come to us!

He will be on around 100k less than that if its 80m it be add ons to that amount.

Topbins likes this.
  7. cityzennn93:20

cityzennn93:20

Really don't get all the negativity for maguire. i too used to not want him but honestly he is one of the few good cbs available right now. de ligt wants insane wages and koulibaly is too expensive. Stones had a terrible season yet we signed him and made him better. no reason why maguire can't improve as well.

8. waspish

waspish

Never seen anyone take a thrown in so enthusiastic since good old Buster.

9. blue ranger

blue ranger

Agree with this. I think he is underrated and if pep wants him that’s good enough for me. I don’t think he will be any slower than our other CB’s. But most importantly he will give us an aerial presence and physicality that we don’t have in the squad now that vinny has left.

Stoned Rose likes this.
  10. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

Whatever Pep does is good enough for me, he's the best of the best....

My personal opinion, for what it's worth is that McGuire is not good enough for City at any price, I don't see what Pep does if all the speculation is true about this deal...

Maybe that's why I'm a fan and he's the man......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.