Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
26 isn't ideal but still a fine age for a defender to come in at, it's not like we haven't seen Pep improve older players before. It's the price that kills me...there's zero value in this transfer, we're paying the sticker price and more. And considering how we've walked away from deals for far more exciting players for exactly this reason it's immensely frustrating.
Yup. Extending Ota's deal would make so much more sense. Even moving Dinho to a CB position on a permanent basis looks a better idea.

Way way overpriced IMO
Deligt is much better and cheaper option

Yeah that aint happening we not paying a 19 year old 300k doesn't matter what his potential is! Would loved him but with his agent and what the fee plus wages would be let barcelona have that problem.

That mooted price is nuts - VVD will be used as a comparable measure and he's not as good. He's a good player, with traits we are after but £75m plus add ons...

That mooted price is nuts - VVD will be used as a comparable measure and he's not as good. He's a good player, with traits we are after but £75m plus add ons...

Well its the going rate now since the scousers inflated the market place

I assume the reason
26 isn't ideal but still a fine age for a defender to come in at, it's not like we haven't seen Pep improve older players before. It's the price that kills me...there's zero value in this transfer, we're paying the sticker price and more. And considering how we've walked away from deals for far more exciting players for exactly this reason it's immensely frustrating.

I assume the willingness of city to sign this player for that price is because we are letting Delph leave. We need to fill our English quota. It's the only reason I think city are willing to pay this transfer fee even though, as you pointed out, we walked away from more exciting players because of the transfer fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.