Harry to Chelsea?

Castiel said:
Ric said:
Castiel said:
I feel its a bit of both, Utd and Chelsea have become weaker and lower teams have become stronger. Compare Chelsea now to 2005 and United with 2008 for instance.

Not really sure why that's pertinent? Comparing the current climate to the past is irrelevant. City were pretty good in 1968.
It is relevant in the argument over whether the league has become stronger or the "sky 4" have become weaker. My stance is its a mixture of both.

The weakening follows directly from greater competition in the transfer market. In the last year or two the Sky 4 have no longer been competing just with each other for the very top players, they have had City and to a lesser extent Spurs to contend with. You can also add in factors like Liverpool's rapid decline, Wenger's reluctance to spend in key areas plus United's "no value in the market" (i.e. debt) and Abramovitch playing silly buggers with his management team.

The old "top 4" are no longer as dominant, I think it's unfair to say that it's all on them and not on their opponents who have indeed stepped it up this year. I'm not saying that there hasn't been a drop in quality from United/Chelsea, it's just a little unfair that no one else is getting the credit that they deserve.

bluemoondays said:
I can see this being a Hodgson a la Liverpool result if ti happens.

Can you imagine 'Arry's team talk

"You two out on the wings, sprint up till you see a white line in front of you - make sure it isn't the centre circle. Knock in a high ball to Drogbie.
Lamps, run into the square thing at the end of the pitch with the net at the end of it.
Drogbie, you head it down for Lamps. If we're unlucky there'll be more around.
Torrie, you sit on the bench - my wife can score better than you.
Errm, all you other guys playing in the middle of the pitch, try and run into the square thing also.
You defenders, ahh sod it, you try and get in the square thing also.
If the ball lands at any of your feet boot it at the onion bag
T'riffic, that's all you need to do to play decent english footie"

Made me LOL.

I don't see how the argument that this is the lowest points that Chelsea and United have finished on has any relevance. To me you finished on 71 points the best you could this season and we matched you. We played the same teams so no matter what happened other seasons this season we matched you points wise.

Danamy said:
Even though you can't get a bet on it.............i'm still saying this isn't going to happen!
I still think it will be Hiddink and it will happen after the Turkish Euro Qualifier

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
dell74 said:
Fingers crossed, though I don't see Roman wanting him.

Abramovitch wants the CL cup. Can't see 'Arry givin' it 'im, so the search continues.
It's crazy for anybody to think that he could prop a club up as a surrogate manager and still have the respect of the squad. It would be fuckin carnage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.