Hart No1

cleavers said:
dref619 said:
hes on the way to the zoffs, banks' and kahns of this world imo

All a bit premature really.

possibly, but i believe it to be the truth, in one year he has developed better distribution and control of the box than shay, who i believe to be one of the all time pl great keepers, has

if he stays at this club for 15+ and the project goes to plan in the next five years, hel have to be that good

squirtyflower said:
cleavers said:
All a bit premature really.
just thinking the same
if he drops a clanger next week the same people will be slating him
give the guy a chance to develop without all the hyperbole

i think everyone expects keepers to drop clangers, shays had a few bad days this year to be fair, i think that has to be expected, maybe i over exagerated my point earlier, but i do think he will be that good in 5 10 years time and i believe he is a better all round keeper than shay already

dref619 said:
squirtyflower said:
just thinking the same
if he drops a clanger next week the same people will be slating him
give the guy a chance to develop without all the hyperbole

i think everyone expects keepers to drop clangers, shays had a few bad days this year to be fair, i think that has to be expected, maybe i over exagerated my point earlier, but i do think he will be that good in 5 10 years time and i believe he is a better all round keeper than shay already
no worries
he made two amazing saves today, and he also has a lot of luck and I'd take both any day

I am a big fan of Shay but surely the rate of Joes improvement year on year has to show world class potential I dont believe that can be in doubt,he looks a class above at the mo and last year.

His distribution hasn't changed for me, he was always excellent from his hand, but poor with his feet, today was much the same for me. The biggest improvement was his command of the box, far better (but only on 1 game) than when he left. As the earlier post says, we have Birmingham to thank for that.

Too much hype being given to joe i feel too soon, lets see if he can sustain these performances for 15 seasons or so and not 1, like most of the top keepers in the world have done, then you could truly say he was/is world class.

Without doubt, he has the talent, will he sustain it and improve on it?, is another matter.

haller said:
Too much hype being given to joe i feel too soon, lets see if he can sustain these performances for 15 seasons or so

I'm hoping for 15 games or so at the moment, never mind 15 seasons, so not getting carried away, still a very great prospect, a better one than when he last wore a City shirt, but still a prospect, even if Capello sees him as number 1.

Today makes me proud to be a Shrewsbury fan... what a buy for you... now lets get him playing for England in the Euros and get town £500k!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.