Hart to be dropped?

Shay had a great season for us and was being lauded by many respected pundits and Blues as being one of the best keepers in the league, if not the best.

All the debate about Joe vs Shay was pretty much 50/50 on here with age and nationality being deciding factors in the end.

Now apparently he's shit!!!!

Joe remains the future but Shay is certainly not shit and is capable of giving Joe some serious competition and the kick up the bum that Joe may well need.

However, he's have to believe that good performances would be properly (and rightly) rewarded with a run in the team, and that it was not all about managing Big Joe.

The problem is if you bring in Given, he is not match sharp and could make lots of errors that lose us points.
IMO we should have loaned out Given, but with instant recall in the event of injury, unlike the fiasco last year.
Hart is not perfect, (his distribution needs to significantly improve) but he is still a top class keeper.
If we intend Hart to be the long term keeper we should stick with him. Much of goalkeeping is about confidence and concentration and I cant see that improving if he is dropped.

Plain Speaking said:
The problem is if you bring in Given, he is not match sharp and could make lots of errors that lose us points.
IMO we should have loaned out Given, but with instant recall in the event of injury, unlike the fiasco last year.
Hart is not perfect, (his distribution needs to significantly improve) but he is still a top class keeper.
If we intend Hart to be the long term keeper we should stick with him. Much of goalkeeping is about confidence and concentration and I cant see that improving if he is dropped.

Given has refused to be transferred.

Balti said:
Shay had a great season for us and was being lauded by many respected pundits and Blues as being one of the best keepers in the league, if not the best.

All the debate about Joe vs Shay was pretty much 50/50 on here with age and nationality being deciding factors in the end.

Now apparently he's shit!!!!

Joe remains the future but Shay is certainly not shit and is capable of giving Joe some serious competition and the kick up the bum that Joe may well need.

However, he's have to believe that good performances would be properly (and rightly) rewarded with a run in the team, and that it was not all about managing Big Joe.

Agree fully. But Hart lovers constantly highlight and exagerate Given's weaknesses.
Suddenly he goes from a top class keeper who played a mssive roll getting us to 5th, and we probably would have gotten 4th if he wasn't injured, suddenly he's not good enough.

However, while Joe is the future (for now) Given could have 5 more years at the top level, and at the age where keepers peak and are at their best, it shouldn't be wasted on the bench, especially when Hart is in poor form.
We go on and on about having competition, but Hart clearly knows that there's no danger of him loosing his place, regardless of what he does.
He has gotten too comfy and cocky, he needs to be dropped, Mancini forced Given to stay when he was desperate to leave, the least he could do now is give him a chance.

I hope Given gets the three cup games coming up and then we will know
who is number one !

california blue said:
dont really see hart at fault for our goals - dozy defending more like

1st goal - Micah played them onside but Hart should have saved it - Soft goal on all counts

2nd goal - Penalty - Which i don't think was one

Mancio said:
Plain Speaking said:

I'm talking about a loan where we pay his wages. I have heard reports he "justs wants to play even in the Championship" What is your source?

i'd rest him, cos his loss of confidence is evident and the back four is worrying about it.

but i still think we need to play a different way away from home, 3 up front is ok at home cos we control the pace, but away from home we need a solid 5 man midfield to protect the back four and to counter when we need to, thats what Yaya has done brilliantly all season.

we definately need a clean sheet soon just to get the confidence at the back again. prefer PabZab over Micah tbh at rightback and would like to see Boateng and Vinny in the middle more, dont rate Lescott or Kolo.

Plain Speaking said:
Mancio said:
I'm talking about a loan where we pay his wages. I have heard reports he "justs wants to play even in the Championship" What is your source?

The Italian press falsely linked us with Marchetti on deadline day and their reason for the deal falling through was because Given refused to leave. The whole story was inaccurate and we weren't ever in for him (he's in a contract dispute), but it was reported as fact over in Italy.

Damocles said:
Plain Speaking said:

The Italian press falsely linked us with Marchetti on deadline day and their reason for the deal falling through was because Given refused to leave. The whole story was inaccurate and we weren't ever in for him (he's in a contract dispute), but it was reported as fact over in Italy.
Are you saying Given has refused a loan on his current wages? There have been a variety of reports saying he was desparate to play!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.