Hart to be dropped?

Balti said:
He has cost us points no doubt

A reserve keeper is there to be utilised to cover for injuries and dips in form, and we must have the best reserve keeper in the league

Play Shay and lets see if he can make the shirt his own again. Joe will have to dig deep and prove that he's worthy of the no 1 shirt. Thats why we have two quality keepers competing. No point otherwise.

I don't give a fuck about England/ Ireland's interests in this

This is about City's best interests

Time to take another look at Shay
Agree.

Mancio said:
Damocles said:
One of those really tough decisions that I'm glad that I don't have to make.

Dropping Hart could really help him out, by getting him out of the firing line for a bit, giving him a rest and making him work for his somewhat guaranteed first team spot. When you play out of form keepers, they will eventually make a huge mistake that will cause them to be looked at as the next Robert Green or Paul Robinson.

However, dropping him might cause him to lose all confidence in his ability to retain his place, meaning that he wouldn't go for those 50/50 balls and always play it safe; losing that edge that he has over others.

As I say, glad I'm not making the decision.

Mancini said this week that Hart can be the best in his position around.

I don't see why he'd declare that if he had no confidence in him... are you sure he wasnt trying to get a no 2 to allow Shay to leave?

the only thing that is holding mancini back from replacing Hart is the knowledge that Given is also worse.

in the January transfer window Mancini has tried to buy two goalkeepers , first Viviano and then Marchetti.
unfortunately unsuccessfully

I think Joe Hart is a great keeper who will get better in time with more experience etc, but watching him a bit more closely recently, I think the thing he lacks most is concentration. Last night, for example, during the game, I saw him wave to people in our stand, or maybe the exec boxes behind us ( mates I presume). He did that twice and he let on to one of the Brum subs warming up. WTF? This isn't isolated- seen him do it quite a bit this season, along with responding to 'Joe hart gives us a wave/dance'. Fair enough interacting with the fans but not during the game FFS. Shows to me a complete lack of concentration and immaturity. Don't see any other goalies fucking about when it's quiet. He's a bit too cocky for my liking. 'England's number one' obviously gone to his head.

Might sound like a nit pick, but I think it's indicative of how things have gone to his head a bit and he needs to knuckle down and stay focussed instead of dicking about during games.

I don't think dropping him for a bit would do him any harm. Might take him down a peg or two and show him he's not as wonderful or untouchable as he thinks he is and help him lose that cockiness he's displaying at the moment. He's a young lad with a lot to learn and I'm sure he'll get there like his namesake Big Joe Corrigan. It wasn't plain sailing for him before he made that position firmly his. Fucked up and was dropped a bit along the way to becoming one of City's greatest keepers. Didn't do him any harm.

Well it seems there is more of a split now on Hart being dropped from the team than ever before. You would be very harsh to blame Joe on any of the goals last night. The first was a brilliant ball into the box and any sort of touch would make it hard for the keeper to save. I think he is just lacking confidence big time not pushing his defence up maybe Shays leadership is needed in the defence now. Since the Arsenal game we have conceded 11 goals Joe was at fault for a couple of those goals aswell. Maybe now is the right time to make a change to the team. IF and its a big IF Shay starts on Saturday he will play in 2 back to back games in the space of 3 days with the Ireland game midweek and he would be fully match fit for the game against the RAGS. Mancini has given Joe more than a chance to make the jersey his own but so far he hasnt done it.

maineroad68 said:
I think Joe Hart is a great keeper who will get better in time with more experience etc, but watching him a bit more closely recently, I think the thing he lacks most is concentration. Last night, for example, during the game, I saw him wave to people in our stand, or maybe the exec boxes behind us ( mates I presume). He did that twice and he let on to one of the Brum subs warming up. WTF? This isn't isolated- seen him do it quite a bit this season, along with responding to 'Joe hart gives us a wave/dance'. Fair enough interacting with the fans but not during the game FFS. Shows to me a complete lack of concentration and immaturity. Don't see any other goalies fucking about when it's quiet. He's a bit too cocky for my liking. 'England's number one' obviously gone to his head.

Might sound like a nit pick, but I think it's indicative of how things have gone to his head a bit and he needs to knuckle down and stay focussed instead of dicking about during games.

I don't think dropping him for a bit would do him any harm. Might take him down a peg or two and show him he's not as wonderful or untouchable as he thinks he is and help him lose that cockiness he's displaying at the moment. He's a young lad with a lot to learn and I'm sure he'll get there like his namesake Big Joe Corrigan. It wasn't plain sailing for him before he made that position firmly his. Fucked up and was dropped a bit along the way to becoming one of City's greatest keepers. Didn't do him any harm.

Nit pick? On the contrary, i think you have just given a very good illustration about Joe Hart's lack of concentration and immaturity which is papered over by a cockiness mistaken for confidence. I hope Mancini and his team notice these things when reviewing matches and demand he cuts it out.

For me Joe makes our Centre halves look nervous he doesnt command his area , if it was Shay that had caused the same mistakes that Joe has ,well he would of been dropped to the bench weeks ago .I want whats best for City .On the whole his distribution from the back is poor , decision making is desperate at times and he isnt vocal enough. Just needs to work harder at his game ,he`s a talented kid but so is our No.2.

give him 1 or 2 more games if he doesnt make any mistakes them keep him in the side until he does if he makes amistake in the 1 or 2 games he sould be given let shay get a run in the team.

GStar said:
Mancio said:
the only thing that is holding mancini back from replacing Hart is the knowledge that Given is also worse.

in the January transfer window Mancini has tried to buy two goalkeepers , first Viviano and then Marchetti.
unfortunately unsuccessfully

Mancini said this week that Hart can be the best in his position around.

I don't see why he'd declare that if he had no confidence in him... are you sure he wasnt trying to get a no 2 to allow Shay to leave?

the both Viviano and Marchetti are too young to be signed for being backup goalkeeper , at least they need to be promised to be in competition for be starter.

Re: what mancini publicly say about hart is normal , or you think he should come out and say "hart is a poor goalkeeper i'm forced to play just becouse shay is more shit than him" ?

redmizzle said:
maineroad68 said:

Nit pick? On the contrary, i think you have just given a very good illustration about Joe Hart's lack of concentration and immaturity which is papered over by a cockiness mistaken for confidence. I hope Mancini and his team notice these things when reviewing matches and demand he cuts it out.
Well tbh I would have thought somebody on the coaching staff would have noticed this basic, elementary flaw in his game by now anyway and told him to cut it out. Like I said, he's a great keeper with potential to be even greater. He's just a cocky little shit at the moment who appears to think he doesn't need to stay focussed for the entire game.

SteSteez said:
Brilliant keeper, really is....

But recently I've noticed his mouth has been kept shut, he hasn't bossed the players infront of him.

Also - his distribution is awful, or has been awful recently. misplaced throws/kicks and also the urgency in his distribution is non-existant.

Given needs games, he will dictate to his defense guaranteed and has the experience to cut off this recent spell.

I prefer Given over Hart, not because of recent games but just in general.

Done a bit of 'keeping and mentioned that Joe was quiet, not bossing the defence around and generally running his box. Is he losing confidence? No faith in his defence? Also i think it is stupidity in itself to keep Given sat on the bench for all games. Not only must it be soul destroying for him , but it doesnt really make sense to keep him 'ring rusty' all the time. I think if Joe WAS to get injured then Shay would /might be a trifle nervous whereas alternating them would keep them BOTH game fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.