Has anyone ever seen Duncan Edwards play?

Swales lives

I know it'a over still I cling, I don't know where
I'm in my 40s and I've never seen anything of him, about 2 minutes footage if that. Yes I know when he died.

But I hear his name thrown about by people younger than me and far less experienced in the art of watching football matches, the sort of pillocks who didn't know football existed in the 70/80s (Ronnie dickface Irani springs to mind).

So after today's derby match, witnessing the 'new' Duncan Edwards, that is Phil Jones, I can only surmise that Duncan Edwards was a clumsy over-rated lump of shit. Am I right?

There's a fair bit of footage around, not a lot though.

Probably a bit harsh to describe him as a 'clumsy over-rated lump of shit' though.

Respect for the dead an' all that.

Swales lives said:
Tottenham Dave said:
There's a fair bit of footage around, not a lot though.

Probably a bit harsh to describe him as a 'clumsy over-rated lump of shit' though.

Respect for the dead an' all that.

Well make your fuckin' mind up.

Is Phil Jones dead? RIP, my thoughts are with his family.

Pedant!

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
My dad's watched the rags since 1948 (he is Irish). Reckons Edwards was powerful and intelligent but not particularly skillful. Says Law and Best were far superior players.

Irishman in Scot and Irish player are better than English one shocker!

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
My dad's watched the rags since 1948 (he is Irish). Reckons Edwards was powerful and intelligent but not particularly skillful. Says Law and Best were far superior players.

My dad's been watching utd since slightly before then (not trying to enter a pissing contest btw) and although he thinks Best was the most skillful, he says Edwards was the best player he's ever seen in a utd shirt.

I think it's worthwhile remembering that football at that time was a much more physical game than it is now, and I think that Edwards was a bit of a freak in that regard, so it's possible (as BTP's dad says) that his skill levels weren't as good as other players who are deemed to be 'great'.

That said, the last time I discussed it with him my dad said he really rated Jones so what the fuck does he know ;-)

Swales lives said:
I'm in my 40s and I've never seen anything of him, about 2 minutes footage if that. Yes I know when he died.

But I hear his name thrown about by people younger than me and far less experienced in the art of watching football matches, the sort of pillocks who didn't know football existed in the 70/80s (Ronnie dickface Irani springs to mind).

So after today's derby match, witnessing the 'new' Duncan Edwards, that is Phil Jones, I can only surmise that Duncan Edwards was a clumsy over-rated lump of shit. Am I right?
he s a head like an optical illusion ,no matter how many times he turns his head his jaw has another side to his jaw....its like a feckin` kaleidoscope.

he looks like a raw uncooked egg..... scabby dribbles and running like shit!

inspiration for bacteria that they can live and work amongst us!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.