Has anyone on here played professionally?

Had trials for Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich that's as far as I got. After my second trial with Ipswich and didnt make it I started to lose interest and ended up drinking the head of myself every weekend :)

I know off the top of my head four lads who turned their backs on football to be gangsters.
I once worked with Grant Holts brother who was regarded by everyone who knew them both as the better footballer. By his own admission he said he was a complete piss pot at the early age of sixteen and after cleaning first team players boots at Carlisle he would be in the pub straight after them.
They moved him to Bury to try and get him away from the drinking culture he was in.
At Bury he did exactly the same and ended up getting fucked off by them.
Another lad I know played for Salford City pre Neville & Co's takeover and Chorley. He then went to Fleetwood but fucked it off as he was homesick. He got put up with some old dear and did not like it. (Rooney would have loved it)
He still plays and regular gets double hat tricks playing Sunday league. Just did not have the commitment for full time.

I played for Stockport Reserves then Rochdale in the early/mid 90’s. Mainly reserves. Played about 20 first team matches For dale. I scored twice as “A Tralist” in the pink final!!! We were really shit. Only really big game I Was part of was a total thrashing at Liverpool in the cup. 7-0. I was the only squad member not to make the bench :( Dogger collymore scored about 5 I think. He was actually ok. Fowler was an arse hole. He barely could bring himself to shake hands with us. I got injured and was only on a month to month trialist contract. They didn’t let me access the physio because it was too expensive so they said get better and let us know. I didn't recover for months and by the time I had they weren’t interested. I played some none league after that and played some 2nd XI cricket before I realised I was shit at both football and cricket so became a pe teacher haha. I didn’t appreciate what I had at the time And was only young. Would love to go back in time with a bit more maturity and knowledge. “Nearly” playing in front of 30000 at Anfield was a bit of a buzz. It must have been terrifying to actually play. That’s the only Really big game I was part of. The fact it should of been 15-0 spoilt it a bit!!!! I played a few games with Paul moulden as well which for a city fan was ace. He was unbelievable in training but we weren’t good enough to get him the ball in games. The biggest crowd I played in was a benefit game for my mate who was a pro but got cancer. About 10000 at Birmingham playing for a midlands XI. That was pretty cool. Until I had to come off after crashing heads with Brian kilkline! Jesus that hurt

My uncle was a pro, was at Burnley late 60's top division, made 3 appearance's, debut at anfield, still very young but was in a very bad car crash, broke both legs, and that was the end of his career as a top level player. On his road to recovery he trained with City, so knew Bell, Lee, buzzer, Doyle etc

Had an offer to play in South Africa for Cape Town City and has been there ever since, been a coach, manager, and worked with players like Mark Fish, Lucas Radebe and others who ended up in the PL.

Lad was at city from 11 - 16 years old , he said it was quite clicky , Lee Croft being the best of the bunch that came out of there . Got released and went to Rochdale had one training session and said it wasn't for him , wish I'd had half is talent . Talks about now with a hint of regret .

Lad I know plays semi pro....he’s only 20 and loves the game getting called off it’s raining as he gets paid anyway, £200 per game.

He’s fit as a fiddle yet still often eats shit.....’Ronaldo doesn’t eat 2 pies for his dinner you know’ I remind him, frustrates me to fuck iih.....great opportunity but he’s simply not that arsed.

Was at Chester for a while when they were in old 4th division, used to clean Ian Rush’s boots!!, spent few years playing in welsh league, then mostly west Cheshire league, some really good sides around then, cammell lairds, Poulton Vics, Merseyside police to name a few

2 left feet, fucking rubbish so no but genuinely believe had i took my rugby league seriously i could have gone on to maybe have a career in the game. Alas birds and booze seemed far more important at the time.

Stuart Brightwell who I played with a few years ago was on the rags books but was let go at 19. Whenever, you ask him what it was like at utd when Slur Alex was in charge all he talks aboutis how many women he shagged and how much he drank. Wonder why he never got on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.