Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Chilly again , wrapped up warm , i am leaning towards heating one room in proper winter , gas central heating with just the bedroom and hall on , cant turn off the hall one as it has no controls , or plug in electric radiator on number two setting, just for the cold starts , not all day or at night

Which would be cheaper do you think ?
No rad controls? You can turn it off with a pair of pliars or get plastic rad caps .....get same size

just make sure they fit yours

No rad controls? You can turn it off with a pair of pliars or get plastic rad caps .....get same size

just make sure they fit yours
Thanks , it has no controls on it at all, i dont mind a warm hall but seems a waste really , i will have a look at the above

Thanks , it has no controls on it at all, i dont mind a warm hall but seems a waste really , i will have a look at the above
Don't do it. I'm no expert but I think the radiator nearest the room thermostat control should have no TRV (if this is the case with yours). It controls the temperature that the thermostat control senses to enable the boiler to be on or off. Also the other valve may need to be fully open to balance the system. Best check with a plumber though.

Chilly again , wrapped up warm , i am leaning towards heating one room in proper winter , gas central heating with just the bedroom and hall on , cant turn off the hall one as it has no controls , or plug in electric radiator on number two setting, just for the cold starts , not all day or at night

Which would be cheaper do you think ?
Gas is about 1/3rd the cost of elec per kWh if you can just heat 1 room via your gas central heating Vs an electric heater.

It is fixed to the wall with the heating controls, ancient but works ok , thanks
Its the bypass rad in the hall Kaz turn that off they're all off, turn the others down to frost stat setting keep the one on in living room and bedroom before you go to bed then turn it down. Gas still cheapest way of keeping warm x.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.