Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

According to our Octopus smart meter data, we're 18% below our kWh usage of the same period last year. Only 40 days of overlapping history so far but it will be interesting to see how it progresses.

*This is my own analysis as the Octopus app doesn't make it easy to compare periods this way.

Of course, but it's all we have in the office. I can't imagine it's cheap to run though!
I was working in my garden office on Monday/Tuesday and was occasionally using an electric radiator in there for a couple of days but have moved back inside the house now as Mrs Lego only works 1 day a week at home so I've commandeered her desk for the other 4. I'm using a Haverland RC Wave which is pretty efficient and the Octopus stats for leccy show no more than 2kWh extra on those days, though the ambient temp was 10deg so it didn't need to work too much to get to 17deg. It probably was in use for about 3 hrs each day.

I was working in my garden office on Monday/Tuesday and was occasionally using an electric radiator in there for a couple of days but have moved back inside the house now as Mrs Lego only works 1 day a week at home so I've commandeered her desk for the other 4. I'm using a Haverland RC Wave which is pretty efficient and the Octopus stats for leccy show no more than 2kWh extra on those days, though the ambient temp was 10deg so it didn't need to work too much to get to 17deg. It probably was in use for about 3 hrs each day.
Will have a look at those.

How big is the garden room? We have some wasted space (well it's not, but while working it is).

Will have a look at those.

How big is the garden room? We have some wasted space (well it's not, but while working it is).
Mine is only 3m x 3m, insulated floor and roof plus it's double glazed. Once it's warm it's decent and keeps warm for an hour most days. I'll need to compare whether it's better to stay in the house (when the heating needs to go on) or go back in the garden office as I'm surprised it only used a little leccy.

Make sure you're sitting down when pricing up those Haverland heaters, they've shot up in price it seems.

Put it on yesterday evening. Going off this evening. 19 outside 21 in. Waste of time anyway as i was down the pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.