Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Yes we had to both sick of trying to save money so have it on. The first day went mad it was on all day but have settled down now to a more balanced timed one hour in the morning and one at night.
It’s miserable trying to save money from the energy companies
a disgrace too.................I bet polticians arent cold.

Anyone in a new build? What is your average temp when your heating is off curious to see how good the new insulation regs are.
2004 so it’s got a fair amount of insulation the double glazing is much better I can’t tell you the temp. but it is much better than any where we lived before.
Sometimes to hot in the summer.

Imagine Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament with no heat all sat with coat and hats on, there is no chance that they will sit in the cold, yet we fund them

No that’s the real reason we left the EU. So energy companies could charge what they liked profits would not be reigned in.
Martin Lewis was in a meeting where he was disgusted by the politicians allowing energy companies free reign on what they could charge.
Profits before the public.
REIN ....as in the reins on a horse, meaning a check or a restraint. Nowt to do with King Charles's reign.
Sorry to be a pedant, it's in my DNA

What temperature are people reaching in their house with it on?

Had it on most of the weekend through the day and didn't get past 17.5.

Was warm enough when it had been like 14 before we decided we'd had enough of sat in the cold.
I’m in a old house (1968) with zero insulation in the roof, we started out at putting heating on at 20, we dropped it down to 19, the other day it was on for 12 hours and it cost us around £7.50 with standing charge, we are now having it at 18 degrees which is fine and costing us around £5.50 a day again on for 12 hours. 18 seems a little chilly at night but a blanket on watching tv is fine.

I’m in a old house (1968) with zero insulation in the roof, we started out at putting heating on at 20, we dropped it down to 19, the other day it was on for 12 hours and it cost us around £7.50 with standing charge, we are now having it at 18 degrees which is fine and costing us around £5.50 a day again on for 12 hours. 18 seems a little chilly at night but a blanket on watching tv is fine.
Don't get these figures, 5:50 a day, yet someone 2 pages ago was saying 25 quid a day.
Why so much discrepancies?

Don't get these figures, 5:50 a day, yet someone 2 pages ago was saying 25 quid a day.
Why so much discrepancies?
Size of house, temperature, I don’t know mate, my wife’s friend spent £225 last week on gas and electric!! She has a big house, 3 kids and seemingly a lot of money (I think her husband is well dodgy). Found that post it’s £25 over two days, we had £16 over two until we turned it down a degree.

Turning down a degree saving 2 pounds is really interesting. I would expect the cost you save would be around 0.4 pounds (assuming outside temp is 1 degree celsius, and you keep your room at 18 degree celsius).

We have a relatively large Victorian house. As it’s a listed building double glazing is a no
no. It’s currently -6 outside and the gas CH is going full blast and can only get us to around 18c irrespective of how high we set the thermostat. I am dreading checking the cost for this month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.