Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

I’m in a similar situation.
The bad news is I’m using about £20 of gas a day this month, and that’s with thermostats at 18 when it’s on. It’s a new highly efficient 40kW boiler as well.
I’m about 15% down in gas usage compared to last December but I was saving a lot more in other months by using the heating sparingly. I probably need to invest in more insulation.
In our case it’s the bloody windows that are mentioned in the listing. So no double glazing for us.

We have started chilling in our bedroom with a halogen heater on as opposed to heating the whole house. Actually gets warm too!

I’m in a similar situation.
The bad news is I’m using about £20 of gas a day this month, and that’s with thermostats at 18 when it’s on. It’s a new highly efficient 40kW boiler as well.
I’m about 15% down in gas usage compared to last December but I was saving a lot more in other months by using the heating sparingly. I probably need to invest in more insulation.
That's a big boiler.

From Brittish Gas tonight

Ofgem, the industry regulator, is increasing the energy price cap from 1st January 2023.

Save what you want these cnuts are going to take it either way

From Brittish Gas tonight

Ofgem, the industry regulator, is increasing the energy price cap from 1st January 2023.

Save what you want these cnuts are going to take it either way

I do wonder what it will take for people to say enough’s enough and properly kick off.

We’re paying the highest prices in the world for electricity, according to this: https://www.cityam.com/revealed-bri...-electricity-bills-in-the-entire-world/?amp=1

Bills are going up and up and up (and not just energy bills, bills across the board) and no one seems to be batting a fucking eyelid.

I don’t get it.

Decades of government failure and short-termism have caused this, and we’re all paying through the fucking nose for it.

I've just wrapped the hell up.
Working in jacket and hat when it gets too cold.
I have a electric wall heater - had it on an hour the other day - just to take the chill off.

Bedroom - same - wall heater. Put on for ten mins before bed (again, just to take the sharp edge off).

Evening time....if I go for a run I get back and I'm still warm a good hour on.

Otherwise a trip to the gym. Unfortunately I've mashed my hamstring (limboing today) so that plan's defunct.

Just bought a hot water bottle....but one of those long thin ones.
Game changer folks (alongside the electric throw work gave out to all employees).
long hot water bottle.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.