Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Got up this morning to a gurgling sound around the boiler....boiler on the blink. Called the plumber and he reckons according to the error code the condenser is frozen. Fan heater going and pans of water on.....kinda makes you feel alive agin.
Mate it could be your pipe on the outside of the house frozen, we had this a few years ago it was 22mm when it should be 30mm the water in the pipe freezes and this stops the boiler working, go check outside if it has an icicle hanging off it that will be it, you need to poor some hot water on it.that will release it.

Mate it could be your pipe on the outside of the house frozen, we had this a few years ago it was 22mm when it should be 30mm the water in the pipe freezes and this stops the boiler working, go check outside if it has an icicle hanging off it that will be it, you need to poor some hot water on it.that will release it.
Plumber said it was the condenser pipe which was frozen.....by the power of modern day telecommunications, some warm water and a heater blowing on the boiler, job done.

Waved the white flag on the living room (all floor to ceiling windows so loses heat like no tomorrow) and working from my reception room currently with the electric heater on (currently 17 degrees, uses 0.75 kwh). Living room is 8 degrees

Log burner all the way for me.
I'm a joiner so free wood which helps.
Heating comes on 1st thing till burner gets us upto temp.
So glad I put the log burner in when I got the house.

Log burner all the way for me.
I'm a joiner so free wood which helps.
Heating comes on 1st thing till burner gets us upto temp.
So glad I put the log burner in when I got the house.
living in central manchester area withing spitting distance of town so anything I would like to burn that produces smoke is illegal, otherwise I would have unblocked me chimney already

living in central manchester area withing spitting distance of town so anything I would like to burn that produces smoke is illegal, otherwise I would have unblocked me chimney already
not sure of your council restrictions but here its only damp and wet wood, can you not use smokeless coal?

not sure of your council restrictions but here its only damp and wet wood, can you not use smokeless coal?
from the council

Under the Clean Air Act, the whole of Manchester has been designated a Smoke Control Area since 1985 - this is to improve local air quality.

Smoke Control Areas, sometimes called smokeless zones, are areas set by local councils where you can’t emit substantial smoke from a chimney. It's also an offence to 'acquire for use' solid fuel that's not authorised in a Smoke Control Area unless it's for an exempt appliance. People who break these rules can face financial penalties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.