Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

£8.63 today spend apparently. Thing is, we stayed overnight elsewhere and got back about 2pm,put the heating on then and turned it off at six.

So,four hours central heating, just warm not belting heat out, cost over £2 per hour. It didn't last week. Smart meter playing up, new charges, British Gas error?

Who knows, but even with a smart meter it seems we can't accurately estimate our spend.

Still, warmer days ahead.

It’s fucking warm. Must be at least a 15°C temperature swing from the last week.

Heating well and truly off!

Just been up in the loft to get the xmas tree down. Fooking drip city due to the condensation.
Been there, done that.

Last winter in the middle of a snow cold snap it was wet in the loft. So I put in some plastic loft vents, moved insulation away from edges/vents, moved boxes, chipped excess cement from vent.

I monitored for 1 year. No condensation until yesterday when got Xmas tree down and condensation was very slight.

£8.63 today spend apparently. Thing is, we stayed overnight elsewhere and got back about 2pm,put the heating on then and turned it off at six.

So,four hours central heating, just warm not belting heat out, cost over £2 per hour. It didn't last week. Smart meter playing up, new charges, British Gas error?

Who knows, but even with a smart meter it seems we can't accurately estimate our spend.

Still, warmer days ahead.
It’s because your boiler is trying to get to temp, If you are in all day it will intially cost a few quid to get to temp then it will level out. On Saturday we had it on for an hour in the morning then went out all day it came on at 6-8pm for when we got home. It used almost the same as having it on for 12 hours the day before, if you do twice a day for an hour the boiler is working it’s bollocks off to probably never get to temp so I think it’s almost a false economy.

It’s fucking warm. Must be at least a 15°C temperature swing from the last week.

Heating well and truly off!

Try telling the people of Manchester this. I've just popped for my swim in shorts & t-shirt & a light jacket in case I got caught in a shower. The majority of other people still seem to be in their big coats, hats & Xmas jumpers. Don't people look at their weather apps or actually feel the warm gulf stream air?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.