Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Used £45 of gas in the last 5 days! That’s with it set at about 19 degrees in a 3 bed house with a brand new efficient 24kwh combi what a piss take!
Made the mistake of leaving ours at 19 today instead of 18, it certainly costs a few quid more. I’d question a 24kWh boiler for that many rooms, we had one it was shit, cheap bastards before us, plumber said it was never good enough for our 3 bed semi, got a 30kWh now it’s brilliant, 24kwh are usually a cost cutting exercise, which in new builds doesn’t surprise me.

Made the mistake of leaving ours at 19 today instead of 18, it certainly costs a few quid more. I’d question a 24kWh boiler for that many rooms, we had one it was shit, cheap bastards before us, plumber said it was never good enough for our 3 bed semi, got a 30kWh now it’s brilliant, 24kwh are usually a cost cutting exercise, which in new builds doesn’t surprise me.
Im a plumber it was me that fitted it typo though it’s a 28kwh boiler, going to re insulate the attic next week see if that makes a difference

Im a plumber it was me that fitted it typo though it’s a 28kwh boiler, going to re insulate the attic next week see if that makes a difference
Reducing to 18 and flow of 60 is what we are going with, if we can get £7 a day I’m happy tbh, fuck me I hate all this shit.

My parents’ 650m^2 self-build has a 24KW oil boiler and its more than powerful enough to heat the entire house and provide for a 500l water cylinder. The size of boiler you need depends on far more than just the size of the house.

Weird, the difference in two days. I had to nip out a little while ago. When I got back home, the dash in the car was reading 12°. Same time yesterday evening, it was around -5°. At least, all the ice has gone. The road outside my house is a quiet country road, and doesn't get gritted, consequently it's been quite slippy for the past 10 days or so. It made some light rain on friday evening for an hour or so, however, then frose hard overnight. The road was like a sheet of glass yesterday morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.