Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

We've put ours on, though they came on automatically now the temp has dropped. Going to have to reset the heating control!

We sre using the gas hobs though to heat the kitchen, 3 mins and its heated up whilst we cook.

How much gas does it use when the boiler turns over a few times a day ? I have an old one and have turned the heating dial right down , doesnt seem to mind it , just curious

Put it on for 30 mins this morning it cost 53p! Just took the edge off, wish I’d never got one of these smart meters, I think I’m going to bin the display or I’ll become obsessed. To think last year it was fuck all in compariso.

How much gas does it use when the boiler turns over a few times a day ? I have an old one and have turned the heating dial right down , doesnt seem to mind it , just curious
How longs a piece of string depends how big house is how efficient the boiler is, if its turned right down probably just the electric to turn the pump over.

Does your energy supplier not show you your usage? Most now have apps wheee you can see usage each day and can experiment one week to the next.
I’m finding at moment that there’s not much different depending on usage (which is limited at moment) which probably makes sense given extortionate standing charges.
Dilemma for winter is whether it’s any more or less expensive to keep it ticking over at say 20’c than it is to keep it ticking over at say 17’c. Of course more energy to bring it up initially but is it then the same to keep it ticking over and therefore not worth being cold keeping it lower

Does your energy supplier not show you your usage? Most now have apps wheee you can see usage each day and can experiment one week to the next.
I’m finding at moment that there’s not much different depending on usage (which is limited at moment) which probably makes sense given extortionate standing charges.
Dilemma for winter is whether it’s any more or less expensive to keep it ticking over at say 20’c than it is to keep it ticking over at say 17’c. Of course more energy to bring it up initially but is it then the same to keep it ticking over and therefore not worth being cold keeping it lower
I dont have a smart meter, still putting in readings and checking my bills

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.