Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

No, still got my air conditioning on most of the day set at a cool 22 degrees though.
Can’t wait for a bit of cold weather!

I am going to try the same , still not putting lights on and unplugging everything , might be a long winter but so be it , i cant judge till dec when i come off fix really
What’s the point of your hair shirt approach now if you are on a fix until December?

Don’t lights cost money if you put them on then?
The average 60-watt equivalent LED light bulbs uses about 0.01 kWh of electricity per hour it's on.

There are 8760 hours in a year.

With electricity at £0.33476 per kWh, it would cost £29.32 per year with it on constantly.

So, having it on for 6 hours per day would be £7.33 a year.

The average 60-watt equivalent LED light bulbs uses about 0.01 kWh of electricity per hour it's on.

There are 8760 hours in a year.

With electricity at £0.33476 per kWh, it would cost £29.32 per year with it on constantly.

So, having it on for 6 hours per day would be £7.33 a year.
Exactly! ;) they do cost something then

I am going to try the same , still not putting lights on and unplugging everything , might be a long winter but so be it , i cant judge till dec when i come off fix really
wouldnt worry to much over lighting esp if you have the LED type,its the washer,dryer,oven,iron etc thats the problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.